Our chemistry alumni enjoy professional success in a variety of exciting and rewarding career fields. Whether you want a career in pharmaceuticals, forensics, laboratory research, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, science education, chemical engineering, materials science, technical writing, or even law, a chemistry major from Elmhurst—tailored to your specific goals—propels you in the right direction.
Elmhurst alumni have achieved great success in a variety of professional positions. For example:
- Therese Dorigan '88 earned her law degree and currently practices environmental law in Oak Brook, Illinois. She was an All-American volleyball player on Elmhurst's 1985 national championship team and a straight-A student.
- Kristen Fleming '99 received her Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University of Notre Dame. She is currently employed in the pharmaceutical industry as a research chemist for Albany Molecular Research Institute in Albany, New York.
- Cynthia Bugajski ’01, completed medical school at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She is currently a pediatric physician with the DuPage Medical Group.
- Kristi Lee '01 is employed as a B.S. chemist with Polymar Ventures Inc. in Burr Ridge, Illinois
More recent graduates are pursuing postgraduate studies in exciting and prestigious programs:
- Zach Hund '11 and Ben Zalisko '09 are pursuing a Ph.D. in chemistry at the University of Chicago
- Michael Gannon '11 is studying for a Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Katherine Lupo '12, Julie Sawicki '12 and Michelle Fleetwood '13 are pursuing a Ph.D. in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
Your Elmhurst College chemistry degree will open doors to a wealth of careers. Whatever path you choose, we will give you the tools you need to get where you want to go.