|Articles, Newspapers, & Databases||Evaluating Articles & Resources||Print Reference Sources|
|Other Circulating Books||Internet Resources||Citing Sources|
Example of an Annotation
Finding Print Reference Sources in the A.C. Buehler Library
Suggested Library of Congress Subject Headings for our online catalog
- Africa, Sub-Saharan--Commerce
- Africa, Sub-Saharan--Economic policy
- AIDS (Disease)
- AIDS (Disease) --Economic aspects
- AIDS (Disease) --Political aspects
- AIDS (Disease) --Social aspects
- Business and politics--Cross-cultural studies
- Child labor --Africa
- Child labor --Zimbabwe
- Children's rights --Africa
- Child abuse --Africa
- Conservation of natural resources
- Debts, External --Developing countries
- Debt relief --Developing countries
- Developing countries --Economic policy
- Economic assistance --Developing countries
- Economic Development --Environmental aspects
- Environmental law, International
- Environmental policy--Developing countries
- Environmental policy --Decision making
- Envrionmental protection --Decision making
- Forest policy--Developing countries
- Free Trade
- Free Trade--Environmental aspects
- Farms, Small--Amazon River Region
- International economic relations
- International trade
- Land mines
- Land mines --Economic aspects
- Land mines --Social aspects
- Latin America --Commerce-- United States
- Latin America --Foreign relations--United States
- Latin America--Politics and government
- Natural resources --Management
- Rural development--Developing countries
- South Africa--politics and government
- Sustainable development
- Sustainable development--International cooperation
- Urbanization--Developing countries
- Water supply --Developing countries
Examples of Print Resources from the Reference Collection
- Culturegrams: The Nations Around Us Reference R909.82C968
- The DK Geography of the World Reference R910D626g
- The Europa World Year Book Reference R341.184E89
- Western Europe 2000 ~ The World Today Series R909.83 W527 2000
- The World Almanac & Book of Facts Reference R317.3W927
- WorldMark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life 4 vols. Reference R 305.8003 W927
Examples of Print Resources from the Circulating Collection
- Doing Business in ...(Do a Browse Title search on this in Illinet Online)
- Brazil, A Country Study. 918.1B827, 1998
- Africa in the global economy. 337.67M939a
- After the Trees. 338.16S849A
- Green Politics and Global Trade. 382.917 A913G
- Standing Together, Standing Apart:National Identities after NAFTA. 382.917 j74 c1
- Latin America. 918J29L2c.1
- Power and Interdependence. 337 K37p2001
- States and Power in Africa. 303.3096H538s
back to the top
Finding Other Circulating Books
The "card catalog" of the A.C. Buehler Library. Use this resource to find books, journal titles, movies, and music owned by Elmhurst College, and information about items located in 71 academic libraries in Illinois. You can locate books owned by the library using I-Share..
WorldCat A combined catalog of more than 34,000 libraries worldwide.
Evaluating Articles I find in Journals and Online
How do I know whether an article is useful to me?
Learn how to critically analyze information sources.
Is this a scholarly article or a popular article?
How to distinguish between the two.
Finding Articles, Newspapers and Information in Databases
Academic Search Complete
Provides abstracts from almost 8,200 periodicals in the social sciences, humanities, general science, multicultural studies, and others, with full text articles from nearly 4,650 titles. PDF's go back to 1975 or further, and almost every topic of study is covered.
Business Source Elite
Business Source® Elite provides full text coverage of scholarly business, management and economics journals.
Provides full text access to over 5,600 news, business, legal, medical and reference sources, including wire services, case law, broadcast transcripts and SEC filings.
This collection allows you to search The Chicago Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The New York Times Book Review, and The New York Times Magazine simultaneously.
Wilson Select Plus
Full text articles in science, humanities, education and business. Provides indexed and abstracted records with accompanying full-text periodical articles, many of which are linked to citations in other FirstSearch databases. Includes US and international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines.
How can I find the Journals cited by the databases above that are not full-text?
Finding Internet Resources
Country Information Sources
U.S. Government Sources
Evaluating Internet Resources
How to Cite the Sources
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 4th ed. R808.042 M685 1995
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 5th ed. R808.06615 P976 2002
- Electronic Reference Formats Recommended by the American Psychological Association
- Citing Sources
Online Bibliography Makers
back to the top
This page was revised September, 2008 by Donna Goodwyn, Associate Librarian,Reference Department, Elmhurst College.