A. C. Buehler Library Mission Statement
The A.C. Buehler Library supports the vision and mission of
Elmhurst College by reinforcing the intellectual integrity and academic
excellence of its programs, providing access to rich and varied information
resources, and maintaining a physical facility that fosters study and research.
As a teaching library, the Library is committed to an active role in the
preparation of students for a lifetime of purposeful learning for professional
excellence in an information technology based society.
The A.C. Buehler Library fulfills its mission with:
- an active program of information literacy instruction;
- a variety of user-centered information services;
- a carefully selected, well organized, and efficiently managed collection
of books, periodicals, computer databases, and multimedia
- convenient access to regional, national, and international information
- a dedicated, professional, and developing staff;
- effective library management.
The A.C. Buehler Library also includes the Instructional Media
Center, the College Archives, and the Art Collection.
Last updated Fall 2003
Questions about the website? Contact