Library Usage Guidelines and Policies for Visitors
The A. C. Buehler Library welcomes visitors including Elmhurst College alumni, students and faculty from LIBRAS and ILCSO member institutions and the general public. Visitors served by other libraries are nonetheless expected to use their home library for in-depth instruction or detailed help with research topics.
- Visitors are welcome to study, read, and perform research activities in the library, though priority access to resources and assistance will be granted to members of the Elmhurst College community.
- For computer access, visitors may use one of the Visitors Computers located just west of the staircase on the main floor. All other computers in the library are reserved for current Elmhurst College students, faculty, staff and emeriti professors. When other visitors are waiting for a computer, users are asked to limit their computer time to fifteen minutes.
- Printing is available for the convenience of visitors. The charge to visitors for printing is 10 cents per page which is payable to the circulation desk assistant.
- Visitors under the age of 18 who wish to use the Internet must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years of age or older. In addition, parents are responsible for the behavior of their children.
- Visitors are expected to practice the same consideration toward other library users and library staff that is asked of members of the Elmhurst College community.
The A. C. Buehler Library supports the vision and mission of Elmhurst College. In addition, the library has its own Mission Statement and works toward achieving that mission through the Library Action Plan.
Go to the Library Homepage
Questions about the website? Contact