Registration and Records



Registration and Records

» Registration FAQs

Registration FAQs

The Office of Registration & Records welcomes your questions and comments. Here are answers to the questions we hear most often; for additional information, please contact us.

How do I register for classes?
First, make sure you have met all your financial obligations with the Office of Student Accounts.
Next, browse the College Catalog to choose courses that interest you and help fulfill your course requirements. Then schedule a meeting with your advisor to discuss your choices. (If you're a new student, see Advising & Registration for New Students for instructions.) Finally, go to BlueNet during the time period assigned to you, and sign up for the courses you've chosen.

When do I register?
You'll be assigned a specific time period during which you can register for classes. Dates and times are listed on BlueNet. If you can't register during your assigned registration period, you may register during any period thereafter. Students are strictly prohibited from registering before their assigned periods, and from missing class in order to register.

How do I register for an internship or other field work?
First, you'll need a consent form (pdf) signed by the appropriate faculty member, the internship coordinator and your department chair. Registration for internships must be processed through the Office of Registration and Records. Refer to the College Catalog or contact the Office of Registration & Records for more information.

How do I register for independent study?
To register for independent study, complete the Application for Independent Study (pdf), ask the appropriate faculty members to sign it, and submit it to the Office of Registration and Records. 

Is it possible to register for a course that's closed?
If you want to take a course that's already full, you can contact the instructor of the class or the department chair to see if an exception can be made for you. If the instructor agrees to let you take the class, submit a signed Permission to Enter a Closed Course form in person to the Office of Registration and Records.

How do I drop a class?
You can drop a class by going to BlueNet during the first 10 weeks of a semester. Students who do not properly withdraw from a class should expect an "F" grade for that class. Refunds and withdrawal authorization are based on the date the class is dropped on BlueNet or the completed Add/Drop form is received by the Office of Registration and Records.

What will it cost me if I drop a course?
Changes associated with dropping a course and how the refunds are calculated can be found here. If you have additional questions please contact the Office of Student Financial Services located in Goebel Hall.

What do I have to do to prepare for graduation? 

You'll need to submit the Application for Graduation, available here. We encourage you to apply for graduation one year prior to your anticipated graduation date. The new deadlines for applying for graduation are as follows: March 1 for February graduation; June 1 for May graduation.

Share |

Follow Us: Flickr YouTube Instagram

Elmhurst College • 190 Prospect Avenue • Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296 • (630) 279-4100


Undergraduate Admission • (630) 617-3400 • (800) 697-1871 •


School for Professional Studies • (630) 617-3300 • (800) 581-4723 •


Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy Admission • (630) 617-3752 •


Technical SupportPrivacy Policy