Like us on Facebook! Elmhurst College Campus Security
HOMECOMING 2015 TAILGATING REMINDERS FROM CAMPUS SECURITY
Campus Security wants to remind you to have a fun, yet safe, Elmhurst College Homecoming. Homecoming is a family event, and respectful and lawful behavior is expected from everyone at all times.
1. The Alexander parking lot will open at 10am for parking. Tailgating begins 2 hours prior to the start of the football game and ends promptly 2 hours after the game ends.
2. The City of Elmhurst has an ordinance prohibiting open alcohol at unlicensed gatherings (Elmhurst City Municipal Code 36.39 (Ord. 12-2007 2)). That means no one, regardless of age, is permitted to drink or possess open alcohol in public spaces, including on our campus. a. There is an alumni tent in the parking lot of Lehmann Hall that has a city permit to sell liquor. If you are at least 21 years of age and wish to drink alcohol, this is the place for you.
3. No cans, bottles or kegs are permitted on EC Property.
4. No beer pong tables or other drinking game set-ups are permitted on EC Property.
5. The Elmhurst Police Department and Campus Security will be monitoring for underage consumption.
6. This is a family event. No public intoxication, rowdiness, vulgar language, or disorderly conduct will be tolerated.
7. No campers/trailers are permitted on the property without prior approval from Campus Security. Even with permission to park these vehicles on the property, no overnight sleeping is permitted.
8. Place all garbage in the garbage cans, and all hot coals in the specifically designated "hot coals" cans. Confusing the two cans could start a fire.
9. Drive slowly and carefully. There are going to be many people, including small children, on campus.
10. Violators are subject to a referral to the campus judicial process, a city of Elmhurst citation, and removal from the property.
Students are strongly encouraged to move their vehicles out of the Alexander parking lot to the Mill Theatre parking lot or behind West Hall or Dinkmeyer Hall before Friday, October 9, 2015 to make room for the high volume of cars coming to campus for the football game.
While tailgating is permitted, we strongly encourage those on campus to attend the game and support our EC Bluejays. Our athletes appreciate having family and friends in the stands to cheer them on!