Like us on Facebook! Elmhurst College Campus Security
Homecoming 2016 Reminders from Campus Security
Campus Security wants to remind you to have a fun, yet safe, Elmhurst College Homecoming. Homecoming is a family event, and respectful and lawful behavior is expected from everyone at all times.
1. Campus Security reminds students, staff and faculty that the Lehmann Hall parking lot and Goebel Hall parking lot will be blocked off for Homecoming festivities Friday night (10/7/16).
2. Students are strongly encouraged to move their vehicles out of the Alexander parking lot to the Mill Theatre parking lot or behind West Hall or Dinkmeyer Hall before Friday, October 7, 2016 to make room for the high volume of cars coming to campus for the football game.
3. The Alexander parking lot will open at 6am for parking. Tailgating ends promptly 2 hours after the game ends.
4. Responsible consumption of alcohol is permitted within the designated tailgating area for guests who are 21 years of age and older. Elmhurst city ordinance prohibits the possession of open alcohol on public property. Guests who possess or consume alcohol on the sidewalks or in the streets and neighborhood are subject to citation by the Elmhurst Police Department.
5. Tailgating should remain in the designated area in the Alexander lot. Charcoal grills are permitted and the College will provide clearly marked containers for disposal of hot coals. Place all garbage in the garbage cans, and all hot coals in the specifically designated "hot coals" cans. Confusing the two cans could start a fire.
6. For all of our guests’ safety, kegs, glass bottles, glass containers and drinking games are not permitted.
7. Overnight parking of RVs, campers and trailers is not permitted.
8. Please drive slowly and carefully. There are going to be many people, including small children, on campus.
We strongly encourage those on campus to attend the game and support our EC Bluejays. Our athletes appreciate having family and friends in the stands to cheer them on!