The Cooperating Teacher Free Course Voucher Program grants cooperating teachers with one free graduate course to be taken in the Master of Education in Teacher Leadership program at Elmhurst College.
Listed below are specific details on the Voucher Program for Cooperating Teachers:
- Voucher is non-transferable
- Applicable on a space-available basis*
- Only courses in the Master of Education in Teacher Leadership program are eligible to be used with a cooperating teacher voucher
- Courses are available in the spring, summer and fall terms
- Only one free course voucher can be used per individual per academic year
- Voucher must be used within two years of issuance
- Voucher covers course tuition, textbooks and course materials. Students are responsible for a $125 technology fee.
*If a desired course is full, students may be placed on a wait list by emailing email@example.com. Please include the desired term, course name and student's full name, email address and phone number in the body of the email.
What is a cooperating teacher?
A cooperating teacher is a licensed teacher who takes on the responsibility of hosting an Elmhurst College student teacher during a given school year.
How do you become a cooperating teacher?
Teachers interested in hosting an Elmhurst College student teacher should contact Dr. Deb Meyer at (630) 617-3773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who receives a voucher?
All cooperating teachers will receive a voucher after submitting their final student-teacher evaluation. Vouchers will be mailed to the home address provided by the cooperating teacher.
How do you apply and register?
- To apply, submit a completed cooperating teacher voucher application with your official voucher to the School for Professional Studies, Elmhurst College, 190 Prospect Avenue, Elmhurst, IL 60126. If you have any questions regarding the application process, contact email@example.com.
- Upon receipt of your acceptance packet, return the Intention to Enroll form to the School for Professional Studies. The enrollment deposit and tuition will be waived. Textbooks and course materials are included with your cooperating teacher voucher. Students will only be charged a $125 technology fee. Instructions on how to set up your student account on Bluenet are included in your packet.
- To register, visit Bluenet and search for courses under MED to view available courses in the Master of Education in Teacher Leadership program. All MTL courses are taught in a hybrid format combining on campus and online coursework
Contact Dr. Deb Meyer at (630) 617-3773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.