Wellness Center



Wellness Center

» FAQs


Where is the wellness Center located?
We are located in the lower level of Niebuhr Hall (Room 010).

What health services are available to students?
The Elmhurst College Wellness Center offers routine health care services such as evaluation and treatment of illness and injury, referrals, vaccinations, lab work, women’s care (gynecology), sexual health services, massage therapy, health education, nutritional counseling and a self-care area.

Who can use the Wellness Center?
All registered Elmhurst College students may use the Wellness Center.

Is there a charge to be seen at the Student Health Service?
There is no charge to be seen by a nurse practitioner or doctor. Medications, vaccines, supplies and lab work are provided at the lowest possible cost to students. Counseling services are free.

What methods of payment will you accept?
You may pay by check, credit/debit card, or charge to your student account.

Do I need an appointment or can I walk in?
In most cases, you’ll need an appointment. Call (630) 617-3565 for scheduling. We also offer walk-in times Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 11:30 am (no appointment necessary). If you are unable to wait for an appointment due to the nature of your illness, injury or other healthcare needs, you should come to the Wellness Center during office hours for immediate attention. A clinician will see you as soon as possible.

What should I do if I have a medical emergency on campus?
Call (630) 617-3000 (ext. 3000) or call 911 (on campus 9-911) for the paramedics.

What should I do if I am sick and the Wellness Center is closed?
If the Wellness Center is closed, you may receive care at the Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Emergency Room, one of the hospital's immediate care facilities, or at the CVS Minute Clinic located in downtown Elmhurst (York & North Avenue).

What are the health requirements for a student to attend Elmhurst College?
A physical exam is not required. All students are required to complete the Student Health Record (pdf) and provide documentation of the following immunizations: 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) 1 doses of meningitis and 1 Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) booster within the past 10 years.

Where can I get a copy of my immunization records?
You may be able to obtain your immunization record from your doctor, previous high school or four-year college/university, military records or childhood records. You may fax them directly to the Wellness Center at (630) 617-3255.

Does the Center offer immunizations for travel abroad?
Yes, some vaccines and medications are available. For more information visit our Travel Abroad page.

Share |


Campus Map

Follow Us: Flickr YouTube Instagram

Elmhurst College • 190 Prospect Avenue • Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296 • (630) 279-4100


Undergraduate Admission • (630) 617-3400 • (800) 697-1871 • admit@elmhurst.edu


School for Professional Studies • (630) 617-3300 • (800) 581-4723 • sps@elmhurst.edu


Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy Admission • (630) 617-3752 • elsa@elmhurst.edu


Technical SupportPrivacy Policy