JOHN C. GANCHOFF
Department of Chemistry
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- B. S., Major Chemistry, 1957, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- M. S., Chemistry, 1959, Marquette University,Milwaukee, WI.
- Ph. D., Analytical Chemistry, 1963, Georgia Institute of Technology,Atlanta,
GA. Thesis: The Application of the Photometric Endpoint to Chelometric
Titrations for the Resolution of Mixtures of Metal Ions.
- Elmhurst College, 1966-present, Professor of Chemistry
- Rutgers University, University College, 1962-66, Assistant Professorof
- CHM 421 Instrumental Analysis
- CHM 221 Analytical Chemistry
- CHM 211,212 Chemical Principles I, II
- CHM 101, 103 General/Elem. Organic and Biochemistry
- CHM 401 Environmental Chemistry
- CHM 450 Independent Study
- "The Chelometric Determination of Cadmium in the Presence ofTalanta.1962,9, 76.
- "A Selective Chelometric Determination of Cobalt," Flaschka, H.; Ganchoff, J. Talanta.1961,
- "The Selective Titration of Calcium and Magnesium," Flaschka,
H.; Ganchoff, J. Talanta.1961, 8, 720.
- "Selective Liquid-Liquid Extraction of Iron With 2-Thenoyl-trifluoroacetone
- Xylene," Moore, F. L.; Fairman, W. D.; Ganchoff, J.; Surak, J. G.
Anal. Chem.,1959, 31, 1148.
- "Chronopotentiometric Determinations at Solid Electrodes, Determination
of Manganese in Steels," Davis, D. G.; Ganchoff, J. J. Electroanal.
Chem. 1959/60, I, 248.
Professional and Honorary Socities
- American Chemical Society,
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Associated Colleges of the Chicago Area (ACCA) Midwestern Association
of Chemistry Teachers in Liberal Arts Colleges
- Sabbatical Leave, January 8 to May 1, 1993, Visiting Scientist, Department
of Plant Pathology, University of Minnesota, St. Paul Campus. Performed
research and study on analytical chemistry of mycotoxin identification
and quantitation. The work was performed in the labs of Dr. C. J. Mirocha
and included sample preparations, use of TLC, GC, HPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS, and
the fabrication of capillary columns for HPLC.
- Attended Chatauqua Conference, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, Microcomputers
in the Lab, May, 1993, under the direction of Dr. R. Berney.
- Participant in NSF Workshop, "LIMSport Computer Interfacing Workshop"
Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA. , May 1993, under the direction of Dr.
- Participant in Capillary GC Workshop sponsored by J&W Scientific,
- Participant in Instrument Sharing Program, Argonne National Laboratory
(FT-IR, GC-MS, X-ray Fluorescence Labs).
- Review papers and books for J. Chem. Ed., 1990 through
- Sabbatical leave, Spring 1985, Study of Computer in Laboratories, Computer
Interfacing of Instruments, and Chemometrics.
- Recipient of numerous small grants from the Faculty Development program
at Elmhurst College throughout complete tenure.