Don’t Just Find a Career—Create It
Calling all entrepreneurs! The Elmhurst University Entrepreneurship Initiative is your resource for learning about launching a new business.
Through sharing ideas and learning from others, we will champion the entrepreneurial spirit at Elmhurst and in its surrounding communities. All students are encouraged to take advantage of what this initiative has to offer:
- Networking and ideating with other entrepreneurs in your area of interest
- A student-run entrepreneurship club
Have an idea for an app, product or business? Ever wondered about what goes into a startup? This space is for you.
Learn from Experienced Entrepreneurs
Students have the unique opportunity to learn from and work with Entrepreneur in Residence Patrick Yanahan ’94, MBA ’10. In addition to his business know-how, Patrick can help students find resources and make connections in order to pursue their interests.
Virtual Think Space
The Elmhurst Entrepreneurs Virtual Think Space exists for students to share their thoughts and plans regarding entrepreneurial ideas and concepts. Join us on Tuesdays throughout the Fall semester from 4:00–6:00 p.m. via Microsoft Teams.
Entrepreneur in Residence Hours*
- Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (A.C. Buehler Library, Room 016)
- Fridays, 10:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. (virtually)
- Students can make appointments via phone call (contact the WCPE), by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or through their Handshake accounts
Elmhurst Entrepreneurs Speaker Series
- Jerome DuBois
How I Became a Successful Entrepreneur via Robots
Virtual event with the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of 6 River Systems
Sept. 24, 2020, from 5:00–6:00 p.m.
Join the Event
- How Economic Downturns Create Opportunities for Entrepreneurs
Virtual event with Mitch Harris, owner of Strongbox Fitness in Glen Ellyn
April 16, 2020
- What It Takes to Be a Successful Entrepreneur
Meet and Greet with Mark Heintz
Feb. 19, 2020
About Elmhurst Entrepreneurs
To create and champion an entrepreneurial spirit at Elmhurst University and its surrounding community.
To foster an ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurial aspirations and guides executions to future success by providing the necessary knowledge, resources and mentorship.
The University thanks PNC Bank and Innovation DuPage for their partnership.