Don’t Just Find a Career—Create It
Calling all entrepreneurs! The Elmhurst University E-celerator is your resource for learning about launching a new business or innovating from within an existing one.
Through sharing ideas and learning from others, we will champion the entrepreneurial spirit at Elmhurst and in its surrounding communities. All students are encouraged to take advantage of what this initiative has to offer:
- Networking and ideating with other entrepreneurs in your area of interest
- A student-run entrepreneurship club
Have an idea for an app, product or business? Ever wondered about what goes into a startup? This space is for you.
Learn from Experienced Entrepreneurs
Students have the unique opportunity to learn from and work with Entrepreneur in Residence Patrick Yanahan ’94, MBA ’10. In addition to his business know-how, Patrick can help students find resources and make connections in order to pursue their interests.
Entrepreneur in Residence Hours*
- Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (A.C. Buehler Library, Room 016)
- Fridays, 10:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. (virtually)
- Students can make appointments via phone call (contact the WCPE), by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or through their Handshake accounts
When it’s time for the event, click on the event name to join us!
- BlueJay Tank Pitch Competition Workshop
Join Patrick Yanahan, our Entrepreneur in Residence, to learn about how to create a successful entry for the BlueJay Tank Pitch Competition—and win a share of $3,000 in prizes!
11:45 a.m. on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Why Does Diversity in Entrepreneurship Matter?
Learn more about the importance of diversity among entrepreneurs from our guest panelists of successful entrepreneurs: Quincy Banks, Christina Montalvo and Jennie Oh Brown.
5:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 24, 2021
About the E-celerator
To create and champion an entrepreneurial spirit at Elmhurst University and its surrounding community.
To foster an ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurial aspirations and guides executions to future success by providing the necessary knowledge, resources and mentorship.
The University thanks PNC Bank and Innovation DuPage for their partnership.