Don’t Just Find a Career—Create It
Calling all entrepreneurs! Starting in the Spring Term, Elmhurst College is opening up a dedicated space for learning about launching a business.
In this space, located in the A.C. Buehler Library, Room 016, we will champion the entrepreneurial spirit at Elmhurst and in its surrounding communities. All students are encouraged to take advantage of what the center has to offer:
- Guidance, coaching and mentoring from our Entrepreneur in Residence
- “Bluejay Tank” pitch competition
- Speaker series and other events
- Space to network and ideate with other entrepreneurs in your area of interest
- A student-run entrepreneurship club
Have an idea for an app, product or even a business? Ever wondered about what goes into a startup? This space is for you.
Students have the unique opportunity to learn from and work with Entrepreneur in Residence Patrick Yanahan ’94, MBA ’10.
Get to know Entrepreneur in Residence Patrick Yanahan.
Join Us for Our Kickoff Event
What It Takes to Be a Successful Entrepreneur
Meet and Greet with Mark Heintz
4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19
WCPE Lounge, A.C. Buehler Library Lower Level
About Elmhurst Entrepreneurs
A.C. Buehler Library, Room 016
- In addition to meeting with the entrepreneur in residence (hours below), students can meet with one another to ideate on Tuesdays from 4:00–6:00 p.m.*
Entrepreneur in Residence Hours*
- Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (will include rotating days at Innovation DuPage and on Google Hangouts)
- Fridays, 10:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. (in A.C. Buehler Library, Room 016)
- Students can make appointments via their ECCONNECT Powered by Handshake accounts
To foster an ecosystem that empowers entrepreneurial aspirations and guides executions to future success by providing the necessary knowledge, resources and mentorship.
The College thanks PNC Bank and Innovation DuPage for their partnership.