Jans Summer STEM Internship Opportunities
The deadline for student application for the summer 2023 Jans STEM Internship program is Friday, Feb. 10.
To be eligible for the summer internship experience, applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, currently enrolled for classes at Elmhurst University, and pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline. All eligible students are welcome to apply.
The 10-week summer program will involve an internship at an organization that provides valuable support related to the military branches of the United States. Participating students will experience a high-quality internship, build confidence in applying their classroom learning in a work setting, and gain valuable STEM career development and professional skills.
Application Process and Time Frame
Students must apply to participate in the summer internship program. The selective process will result in one to two students receiving a paid STEM internship experience for the summer of 2023. Please review the eligibility requirements below.
- Accepted students will work on interesting, unique projects in a STEM-related position at an organization associated with the Department of Defense or Department of Energy. Students will build oral and written communication skills.
- Accepted students will receive a paid internship that will take place during the summer of 2023, generally 8-10 weeks in length.
- Students may also be eligible to receive monies related to travel or housing reimbursement.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
- Accepted students must:
- Be enrolled as a STEM major with at least one semester of coursework remaining before graduation.
- Be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher).
- Be a United States citizen.
- Jans summer internship students are required to:
- Attend a summer internship orientation to prepare for their internship.
- Meet regularly with their on-site supervisor and mentors as well as the WCPE internship program director during their internship.
- Write a three-page paper related to their experience upon completion of their internship. The essay is to be submitted to the WCPE internship program director.
- Students may also be asked to relay information related to their internship experience to the University’s Office of Marketing and Communications for news releases, if appropriate.
- Interested students should apply by downloading and filling out the Jans Internship Opportunity application form and emailing the completed form and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application should include a response to the required essay question:
- How would the Jans internship benefit your education and future?
- Essay must be 250-500 words in length.
- The application must include a WPCE-approved resume.
The application time period for the summer 2023 Jan STEM Internship Program is Nov. 28, 2022, through Feb. 10, 2023.