Supporting Technology, Resources, and Skills
Students should be aware of the following technology equipment and skill requirements, as well as resources offered by the College.
- Each student who is accepted and starts the Elmhurst College master of occupational therapy program is provided with a new iPad and case at orientation.
- Graduate students at Elmhurst College are provided with an online orientation course, NOS 110, that includes navigating Blackboard, our Learning Management System (LMS). This course also introduces students to our online classroom tools, including Blackboard Collaborate, and provides an orientation for our online testing system, Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor. This course is provided to all graduate students through Blackboard, in their list of courses. An online library orientation is also provided as part of the MOT 500 course. This course is mandatory prior to starting the MOT program.
- Online learning requires that the student be self-disciplined, motivated, and have some skills using a computer and an iPad. At a minimum, the student should have experience using email, accessing the internet, and using Microsoft Office.
- A Windows PC or macOS computer running an up-to-date version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari is required by Blackboard and other online learning tools that may be used.
- A personal device that includes a webcam and microphone for video collaboration is required. Students may use the iPad they receive at orientation or a personal device that includes this technology.
- A stable internet connection is required, with download and upload speeds of at least 1.5 Mbps.
The Service Desk may be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (630) 617-3767 for any technology support needs. Students may also visit the myElmhurst Portal to access technology resources or to submit requests for assistance.