Goals and Learning Outcomes
Integrate content knowledge across disciplines and construct pedagogical content knowledge to provide culturally relevant instruction that prepares all students for the literacies needed in a changing and interdependent world.
- Learning Outcome 1A. Demonstrates subject area content knowledge in planning, instructional delivery, and assessment. (IPTS 2 & 5)
- Learning Outcome 1B. Demonstrates Culturally relevant pedagogical content knowledge in planning, instructional delivery, and assessment. (IPTS 2 & 5)
- Learning Outcome 1C. Use best practices in literacy so all students can acquire subject area content knowledge. (IPTS 6)
Apply differentiation, evidence-based practices and assessment, and innovative technologies to meet the characteristics and needs of all students.
- Learning Outcome 2A. Apply differentiation and evidence-based practices to address the diverse characteristics and needs of all learners. (IPTS 1 & 3)
- Learning Outcome 2B. Use developmentally appropriate teaching strategies and innovative technologies that encourage critical thinking and problem solving. (IPTS 5)
- Learning Outcome 2C. Use a variety of assessments to identify and evaluate learning targets by analyzing data to make instructional decisions. (IPTS 7)
Provide safe, caring, classroom environments that demonstrate and encourage creative, engaged learning to become lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and responsible citizens.
- Learning Outcome 3A. Use effective communication, organization, and behavior management strategies to support a safe and healthy learning environment. (IPTS 4)
- Learning Outcome 3B. Use strategies to successfully engage all students in purposeful learning. (IPTS 4)
Collaborate with students, families, colleagues, and community members to create learning communities that value diversity.
- Learning Outcome 4A. Engage families while creating learning experiences that value diverse student needs. (IPTS 8)
- Learning Outcome 4B. Collaborate with colleagues to create and sustain supportive learning environments. (IPTS 8)
- Learning Outcome 4C. Use community resources to expand learning opportunities. (IPTS 8)
Act as reflective and ethical professionals who are committed to schools and the profession.
- Learning Outcome 5A. Use reflective practices that directly contribute to student learning and development. (IPTS 9)
- Learning Outcome 5B. Advocate for students and their families. (IPTS 9)
- Learning Outcome 5C. Demonstrate leadership as part of their ethical responsibility to their colleagues and the profession. (IPTS 9)