All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
A formal application process is completed through the Office of Admission and includes:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copies of all undergraduate transcripts
- A personal statement/essay that:
- explains the primary reason for seeking admission to the non-licensure in Early Childhood Education program track,
- describes experiences working with young children in community and school settings,
- provides a rationale for a choice for an area of specialization
- An interview with the program director in person or by phone prior to final admission
Students must have also completed at least one of the following prerequisite courses: Child Development or Life Span Development; Exceptional Child. Prerequisites can be met as part of the student’s undergraduate coursework or transferred from another college or university.
The preferred application completion deadline for this program is May 1.