This area of studies will engage students in critical analysis of contemporary issues in Asian studies. By selecting courses from a variety of departments, including geography, music and world languages, you will explore the current aspects of Asian studies.
For the major in intercultural studies with a focus in Asian studies, choose three of the following in addition to the rest of the major requirements. As part of the requirements for a minor in intercultural studies, students may select from the following:
- ARB 201, 202 Intermediate Arabic I and II
- ART 373 Survey of Non-European Art
- GEO 112 Regional Study of the Developing World
- JPN 101 Japanese for Anime Enthusiasts
- MUS 305 West Meets East
- WL 320 Non-Western Culture via Literature and Film