Given the increased relevance and need for intercultural knowledge and skills in the local and global business context, this area enables students with an interest in international business to systematically bring together coursework within the context and organizing principles of intercultural studies.
Students will choose a program of study composed of a selection of courses from the ICS department, the Department of Business and a variety of other departments.
For the major in intercultural studies with a focus in international business studies, choose three of the following in addition to the rest of the major requirements. As part of the requirements for a minor in intercultural studies, the area of study in international business requires two of the following courses:
- BUS 271 Introduction to Global Business
Choose Three for Major
(two for minor)
- ECO 314 International Economics
- ECO 316 Comparative Economic Systems
- GEO 111 Regional Study of the Modern Industrial World
- GEO 112 Regional Study of the Developing World
- WL 200 Foreign Language at the 200 level (highly recommended)
- WL 209 World Literature in English