Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) Studies engages students in critical analysis of contemporary issues within the intersections of gender and sexuality.
For the major in intercultural studies with a focus in LGBTQ studies, choose three of the following in addition to the rest of the major requirements. As part of the requirements for a minor in intercultural studies, the area of LGBTQ Studies requires two of the following courses:
- COM 331 Language, Identity and the Rainbow
- ENG 350 Special Topics: LGBT Rhetoric
- GEO 350 Geography of Sexuality and Gender
- KIN 346 Human Sexuality
- ICS 492 Independent Study (queer theory, LGBTQ histories, etc.)
- PSY 228 Psychology of Women (alternate January Term only)
- SOC 305 Sex and Gender in Society
- REL 331 Christian Ethics and Human Sexuality
- REL 363 Gender, Sexuality and Religion (as arranged)
An internship, field experience or international study may also be developed to fit individual needs.