Faculty-Led Study Abroad Opportunities
The Department of World Languages, Literatures and Cultures coordinates a variety of study abroad opportunities during J-Term and over the summer months.
Living Parisian Arts and Culture
Join faculty and other students as we explore the evolution of arts and culture in Paris through an in-depth historiography of the city. From our base near the Place de la Bastille, we will visit some of the most famous sites in the world and discover unique sights and sounds in the City of Lights!
- Fulfills the Elmhurst College Integrated Curriculum requirements for historical analysis, experiential learning and intercultural global engagement
- Contact Dr. Rebecca E. Léal for more details
Spanish Immersion in Argentina
This course is designed to provide students with three weeks of immersion experience in Argentina to learn more of its language and culture.
We will stay with a host family in the capital city of Buenos Aires, taking language classes with a focus on Argentine Spanish, and participating in different cultural activities such as local cuisine, Argentine film, tango dance, and site visits to the many attractions in the city. During the weekends we will travel to nearby areas, such as San Antonio de Areco, for a day in the country, as we read fragments of Don Segundo Sombra, and experience the gaucho life style.
- Contact Ms. Federica Bando for more details
SPN/KIN 392 / Walking the Camino de Santiago: An Intellectual and Physical Journey
June 6 – 26, 2018
Two experienced professors will take you through the famous Camino de Santiago in North-West Spain. Together, we walk the ancient pilgrimage route and discover beautiful scenery and villages.
- $2,900 all-inclusive
- Fulfills the Elmhurst College Integrated Curriculum requirements for historical analysis, experiential learning, and intercultural global engagement
- Contact Dr. Beatriz Gómez for more details