ELSA is a limited-enrollment program. To qualify, a student must have at least a minimum third grade reading, writing, mathematics and comprehension level, sufficient emotional skills and the capacity for independence. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma, certificate of completion or both.
How to Apply
To apply for admission, submit the following documents to the Office of Admission:
- A completed ELSA application
- A current educational evaluation (within three years)
- Official high school transcript and most recent IEP
- Three letters of recommendation
- Housing Assessment (for those seeking this option)
You may request an application packet by contacting the Office of Admission at (630) 617-3400.
Upon receipt of the completed application, students and families will be contacted to set up an interview with the ELSA Admission Committee. After the interview, students will receive a letter of admission or denial. The admission letter will include the Intent to Enroll form. Students will be asked to complete the form and submit it with a non-refundable $200 tuition deposit that will be applied to the first term’s tuition and fees.
Preferred Application Deadlines
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
- Students interested in living on-campus should have a complete application on file by January 15.
- Students interested in beginning spring semester can apply by November 15.
Applications submitted after deadlines will be considered if space remains available.
Please contact the ELSA office with any questions or to request more information.
Elmhurst College, in accordance with our core values, identity, and affiliation with the United Church of Christ, respects the rights of students to peacefully protest. Participation in such activities will not have a negative impact on admission and/or enrollment.