Invest in Your Future
A great education is the best investment you can make in your future. And at Elmhurst College, it’s an affordable one, too.
Most Elmhurst families pay much less than the listed tuition cost. We reduce your costs through exceptionally generous financial aid packages, including scholarships, grants, loans and student employment.
In recent years, almost every Elmhurst undergraduate has qualified for some form of aid, with awards averaging $25,830 per student.
Types of Aid
Elmhurst College offers federal, state and institutional financial aid based on demonstrated financial need. These programs supplement any institutional achievement-based scholarships awarded at the time of Admission. Most students receive more than one type of aid in their financial aid package. A variety of other financing options including loans and payment plans are available for those who are not eligible for need-based aid based on their FAFSA.
- Scholarships and Other Awards. Elmhurst College awards scholarships on the basis of academic achievement, talent in the arts, membership in the United Church of Christ and in several other categories. Scholarships are gift awards that do not need to be paid back.
- Grants. These grants are awarded based on financial need and do not need to be repaid. Elmhurst students receive grants from the College itself and from the state and federal governments.
- Campus Employment. Many Elmhurst students work on campus, either through the Federal Work-Study Program (which assists students with financial need) or through employment funded by Elmhurst College.
- Loans. Elmhurst participates in all relevant federal loan programs. Unlike grants and scholarships, student loans must be repaid. Some students also take out alternative loans through banks or other lenders or Federal PLUS loans for parents.
- Military and Veterans Benefits. Elmhurst College is a Yellow Ribbon School and participates in all applicable federal programs for veterans, service members and their dependents. For details, visit the admission website.
- Financial Aid for Graduate Students. Elmhurst offers a limited number of scholarships and grants to help defray the cost of your graduate education. You may also apply for federal loans.
You may be able to defray costs even further with federal tax credits or deductions.