Dear Elmhurst University Community:
A verse to start off our weekly update …
When this ends,
may we find
that we have become
more like the people
we wanted to be
we were called to be
we hoped to be
and may we stay
for each other
because of the worst.
- February 12, 2021: 146 individuals tested using the saliva test, 0 positives
- February 13, 2021: 46 individuals tested using the rapid PCR test, 0 positives
- February 14, 2021: 73 individuals tested using the PCR test, 0 positives
- February 17, 2021: 54 individuals tested using the PCR test, 1 positive
- Alert Status
- Elmhurst University remains at the Yellow Alert level.
- The current positivity rate for DuPage County is 4.4%. This is down from 4.9% last week.
- Elmhurst University has an overall positivity rate of less than 1%.
- The COVID-19 Task Force remains encouraged to hear that some of our Bluejays have received the vaccination. Congratulations to all who have received one or both doses to date.
- If you have a picture of yourself receiving the vaccination, and would like to share it with the Task Force, we can make a nice video montage of individuals receiving the vaccine. Please send your picture (without your immunization card) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food and Drink Reminder: Food and drink are not allowed in Founders Lounge until further notice. Additionally, food and drink are not allowed in the library, the lounge spaces in the residence halls, and the lounges in Circle Hall.
As always, please be safe and healthy. Wear your face mask (double-up on face masks for extra protection—the CDC says it can help better protect you). And let’s be kind to each other during these difficult times we live in.
The COVID-19 Task Force