Dear Elmhurst University Community:
The COVID-19 Task Force hopes everyone is getting some much-needed rest and relaxation time this summer.
We have a few items to share, and we will keep our messaging short this week. Please read the bulleted items thoroughly to be sure you are updated on all the new information:
- Masks must be worn in all University-owned and -operated buildings until further notice.
- Masks do not need to be worn outside if you are fully vaccinated.
- Faculty, staff, and students have until August 10, 2021, to upload a copy of their vaccination card through the Etrieve system.
- Please upload a copy of your vaccination card as soon as possible to be eligible for the $250 weekly drawing for faculty and staff.
- Students, please submit a copy of your vaccination card as soon as possible: A drawing for students will begin today, June 23, 2021, and will continue for a few weeks. Faculty, staff, and students are eligible to win only once.
- Individuals looking for a medical or religious exemption from the vaccine may find instructions for the exemption forms on the Vaccine Requirement FAQ page under “Are there ‘special cases’ or exemptions from getting a vaccine?”
- Exemption forms are due by July 15, 2021.
- Exemption forms will be reviewed by an anonymous panel of medical and religious leaders, and all exemption requests will be “blind reviewed” by the committee.
- The COVID-19 positive test rate for DuPage County is 0.5%
- 72.8% of DuPage County has received at least 1 dose of the vaccine.
We thank you in advance for your support and understanding as we prepare for the Fall Term. We’ll continue to provide updates over the summer as we monitor the pandemic and the changing health and government guidelines.
As always, please be safe and healthy.
The Elmhurst University COVID-19 Task Force