Campus to remain closed on Thursday, January 31
Based on weather predictions for continued dangerous conditions, Elmhurst College will remain closed on Thursday, Jan. 31.
- During the period in which the campus is closed, all classes, activities and events on campus, including those hosted by non-College organizations, will be canceled.
- Residential facilities will remain open for students living on campus, but commuter students and non-emergency College employees are advised not to travel to campus. The main dining hall will be open for residential students but other dining options may be limited.
During this period of extreme weather, please take precautions to ensure your safety. Use your best judgment in deciding whether and when to travel, and be prepared for emergencies.
Campus is scheduled to reopen and classes to resume at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 1, unless you are notified otherwise. We will continually monitor the situation, and if conditions change, we will let you know via EC Alert, the College website, Twitter or Facebook.
Weather Closures and Delays
It is Elmhurst College’s policy to maintain its normal schedule, even when weather conditions are inclement. But on rare occasions, severe weather may lead to the cancellation of classes or the closing of campus.
Campus closure will be announced when weather conditions are such that it would be very unsafe for students or employees to attempt to go to work or class. Only weather-essential personnel would be required to report to work.
If it becomes necessary to cancel classes or close the campus due to severe weather conditions, information will be communicated to you through these channels:
- EC Alert: Text and voicemail to all subscribers
- Elmhurst College website: elmhurst.edu
- Social media channels: Facebook and Twitter
- Campuswide email
- Local TV and radio stations
The announcement of daytime class cancellations will be posted by 6:00 a.m. that morning. Evening class cancellation information will be posted by 3:00 p.m. unless stated otherwise.
Unless it is an emergency, please do not call Campus Security simply for closure information, as personnel will be addressing campus public safety issues and weather-related emergencies.