Virtual Taste of Elmhurst
The Taste of Elmhurst is our bi-annual student involvement fair. It is one of the greatest opportunities to learn about all our student organizations and different departments at Elmhurst University.
We kick off each fall and spring term with the Taste of Elmhurst, which allows interested students to browse around and meet members of various student organizations and see all we have to offer. All active student organizations are invited to participate in the involvement fair to promote their organizations and meet students.
This year, we are hosting our first ever Virtual Taste of Elmhurst, and it will take place over the course of two days:
- September 3, 2020, from 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- September 8, 2020, from 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
How to Access the Taste
- Go to the myElmhurst Portal and log in with your eNumber and password.
- Click on the “Bluejay Life” icon and then follow the prompts.
Schedule and More Details
Every participating organization and department will host a 2-hour meeting via Bluejay Life that will be open to anyone with an eNumber.
Until Taste of Elmhurst begins, we will be updating this site regularly, adding organizations and departments on a rolling basis as they register. Keep checking back here to see which organizations you will be able to interact with during the Taste!
Below you will find the names of organizations listed by category. The categorization of the organization determines when the organization’s 2-hour time slot is scheduled. The schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Alpha Phi Sorority
- Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Interfraternity Council
- Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Panhellenic Council
- Phi Mu Sorority
- Sigma Kappa Sorority
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Best Buddies
- Niebuhr Center
- Relay for Life
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Craft Club
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Club
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Union Board
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Chemistry Club
- Learning Center/Disability Services
- Mock Trial
- Office of International Education
- Office of Admission: Graduate Studies
- Student Nurses’ Association
- Weigand Center for Professional Excellence
- Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy (ELSA)
- Music Department
- EU Dance Company
- EU Poms Team
- Jaylightz Hip Hop Dance Team
- Kappa Delta Pi International Honors Organization for Education Majors
12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Bluejay Catholic
- Every Nation Campus
- Latino Student Association
- Muslim Student Association
- Queer Straight Alliance
- Spiritual Life Council
- The Leader Student Newspaper
Tips and Advice
Navigating a day of organization shopping may feel a little intimidating. Here are some things you can do to help yourself feel more prepared:
- Visit https://elmhurst.campuslabs.com/engage for a list and descriptions of all student organizations on campus ahead of time.
- 1) Log in to Microsoft Teams via your Elmhurst email and 2) create a Zoom account prior to the Taste so you are prepared to use either platform.
- Select a handful of student organizations you are interested in getting involved with and pick a couple you couldn’t imagine yourself in to get out of your comfort zone and gain for information. You never know what may become your niche in college!
- While the Taste is live, don’t stress about spending ample time in each organizations’ sessions. This is meant for you to pop in and out to experience as much as you can.
- Don’t be afraid to enter an organization’s meeting! They want to tell you about their organization.
- To actively participate, ensure you have access to Wi-Fi, use headphones or be in a quiet space, and utilize a webcam/face-front camera.
- Have fun! Student organization representatives and departments are so excited to get to meet you!
Staff Support During the Taste of Elmhurst
Elmhurst University staff from the Office of Student Involvement and Office of Informational Services will be available at the Virtual Help Desk via Zoom to answer any questions or help with technical difficulties that participants hay have. Feel free to pop in with a question or comment no matter how seemingly small—we’re here to help!
Any questions prior to Taste of Elmhurst can be sent to email@example.com.