COVID-19 Updates

Read the latest updates.

Applying for a Student Visa

Students wishing to enter the U.S. to study in F status must apply for a visa.

Dependents of these students also must apply for visas. Once admitted to Elmhurst University, students will receive additional documentation, including the I-20 that will be required to apply for an F-1 student visa.

Details about applying for a student visa can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.

You should apply for your initial visa at a consular office that holds jurisdiction over your place of residence. You can identify these locations and their wait times here.

You can apply for a visa up to 90 days prior to the program start date noted on your I-20. Allow as much time as possible to be sure that you can report to Elmhurst University by that date.

Additional Resources

Tony Marotta ’05

Director of International Admission and Student Services
International Education

Connect with #elmhurstu