Political Science



Political Science

» Licensure for Secondary School

Licensure for Secondary School

Students who plan to pursue teacher licensure must complete additional course work in professional and general education. In addition, students must also complete courses in broadfield social studies. See the Department of Education  for a complete listing of broadfield courses.

Students are required to pass the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) to be admitted to a licensure program, the appropriate contact area test prior to the student teaching semester, and the APT (Assessment of Professional Training) test prior to program completion.

Share |

Follow Us: Flickr YouTube Instagram

Elmhurst College • 190 Prospect Avenue • Elmhurst, Illinois 60126-3296 • (630) 279-4100


Undergraduate Admission • (630) 617-3400 • (800) 697-1871 • admit@elmhurst.edu


School for Professional Studies • (630) 617-3300 • (800) 581-4723 • sps@elmhurst.edu


Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy Admission • (630) 617-3752 • elsa@elmhurst.edu


Technical SupportPrivacy Policy