Thank you for visiting our website! Elmhurst College is committed to protecting your privacy.
Use of the website is subject to applicable federal and state laws, in addition to all Elmhurst College campus-wide policies. Usage of Elmhurst College domains implies consent to each policy.
Please note that the views and opinions expressed by individual faculty, staff and students on personal web pages found within the website are strictly those of the page authors. The following is an overview of the information we collect while you are visiting our site, how we use it, and how to contact us for more information.
Information We Collect
- Personal Information: We collect information that can be used to identify you as an individual (“Personally Identifiable Information”) only when you provide this information directly to us, such as voluntarily submitting a form or signing up for an email list. You do not have to provide us with any personally identifiable information in order to use our website; however, if you submit a form on our site, we may store the information we collect through that form. We may also collect information through your voluntary interaction with any of our public forums, including our social media platforms.
- Google Analytics: Elmhurst College utilizes a variety of tools through Google Analytics to gather information about the device you use to access our web pages and about how you use our site, such as your IP address, geographical location, length of visit and pages viewed. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used and to make improvements to the user experience. Google offers an opt-out browser add-on to provide visitors the ability to prevent Google Analytics from using their data.
How We Use Your Information
- Restricted Usage: The unauthorized usage of all Elmhurst College copyrights, trademarks, and logos is strictly prohibited. For more information on authorized usage please contact email@example.com.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA): Please be advised that any time a user enters information, Elmhurst College will assume that the user is 13 or older.
- Confidentiality: All personal information shared with us remains confidential. We do not share, sell or rent your contact information to any third party.
- Communications: We may use any contact information you provide to us to communicate with you about our programs, events and other news at Elmhurst College.
- Advertising: Our advertising partners may show you Elmhurst College ads on other sites based on your previous interaction with us (remarketing). The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. A list of our advertising partners is available upon request. If you’d like to opt out of remarketing, please visit Google’s Ad Settings.
Elmhurst College’s Commitment to Privacy
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. You can still access/use most of our site; however, you will not be able to access and use any part that requires such information. If you would like to change any information that you have submitted, please send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If at any time Elmhurst College believes that user data has been compromised, we will immediately notify all affected users.
- All updates to this policy will be posted on this page. The “last updated” date below reflects the date of the most recent change.