Welcome to the Elmhurst University Family
You’re in! We can’t wait to meet you. Elmhurst is more than a world-class education. It’s the spark that inspires you to rise to every challenge. It’s a community that supports who you are and who you’ll become. It’s a place to belong.
12 Steps to Get Started
Complete this checklist and you’ll be well on track for your first day. It may seem like a long list but remember: We are with you every step of the way. See you on campus!
- Know your eNumber. Your eNumber is your student ID, and you will use it throughout your time at Elmhurst. You can find it on your Jaypass flyer in your admission packet and also on your financial aid award letter.
- Meet your admission counselor. Your admission counselor is your lifeline if these next steps get confusing. For example, can’t find your eNumber? That’s a perfect opportunity to get to know your new best friend.
- After you have been admitted, you will receive an email that your technology account is available.
- Note: These credentials are what you will use from now on as an Elmhurst student.
- Your eNumber will be included in this email. Please save this, as you will use it to sign in to myElmhurst Portal.
- Click on “Activate Account” in the email to create a password and enter additional account security information.
- If you have filed the FAFSA, your financial aid package will be viewable as soon as it’s ready. On your Portal, click the Self-Service icon and log in with your eNumber and password. Select “Financial Aid” and scroll down to your checklist to “Review and Accept Your Financial Aid Award Package.” If you plan to borrow federal student loans, you can accept them here.
- Once you have accepted your loans, complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Need a little extra? Parents can apply for a Parent PLUS Loan.
- Let us know you’re coming by paying your tuition and housing deposits on the Portal (eNumber and password required). Click on “TouchNet” and choose “Make a Tuition or Housing Deposit.”
- Watch our video tutorial to learn how to navigate TouchNet.
- After paying your housing deposit, go to the “My Housing” app on the Portal and fill out the New Student Housing Application.
- After you’ve paid your tuition deposit, RSVP for Advising.*
- Log in to myElmhurst Portal with your eNumber and password. Once you are logged in, choose “Slate Advising RSVP” from MyApps and follow the prompts to RSVP for an advising and registration date.
- If you have any problems logging in, please contact the Office of Information Services at (630) 617-3767 or email email@example.com. If any questions about advising or the RSVP process arise, please contact the Office of Advising at (630) 617-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Fall 2023 Advising Dates will open in mid-March.
- Click on the “Blackboard” button (“Bb” icon) once you have logged in to the Portal.
- Check the “Organizations” tab for a list of required tests, and click on the name of an exam for instructions and to complete it.
- Placement tests will become available for students the day you receive your appointment confirmation.
- Tests must be completed 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Your official final high school transcript showing a graduation date is required, per federal regulations. If you uploaded copies of your SAT or ACT test score for application purposes, you must request official test scores from University Board or ACT.
- Make sure to submit official AP/IB/CLEP score reports. College credit for these exams cannot be awarded without the score report from College Board or International Baccalaureate.
- Submit final college transcripts if you completed coursework after your admission to Elmhurst, so you can have up-to-the-minute evaluations of your transfer credit.
- A few days after you register for your courses, you will receive your bill for the term.
- On the Portal, click on TouchNet and then “Sign Up for a Payment Plan.”
- Fall Term bills are due Aug. 15 and Spring Term bills are due Jan. 15.
- Have questions? Contact Student Financial Services at (630) 617-3015 or email@example.com.
- All new students are required to submit a health history and proof of immunization for certain diseases. Our immunization and health history form can be submitted electronically. Please visit our Immunization Requirements and Medical History page for more information.
- All students are required to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID-19. The details regarding the process for submitting proof of your vaccination are available at elmhurst.edu/vaccineFAQ.
- Check your Elmhurst email address from the Portal. Keep your passwords in a safe place, but remember where they are.
- Check in with your admission counselor to make sure everything is submitted and received. You’ve been talking with your counselor all along … right?
- Write down and remember your eNumber—you will need this throughout your time at Elmhurst University.
New Student Orientation is mandatory for first-year students and strongly encouraged for transfer students.
Orientation will introduce you to resources on campus, familiarize you with common acronyms and terms, and help you find all of those small meeting spaces on campus, such as the Melanchthon Room. We promise you’ll also make friends and have lots of stories to share.