Amenities for Students on the Go
Commuter students are a big part of the vibrant daily life on campus. The College enhances their experience by offering commuter-focused resources, services, programs and more.
We encourage commuter students to become active and engaged. Our goal is to make campus as much of a home away from home as possible. Below are just a few of the resources available to commuter students. If you have any questions, stop by the Office of Student Involvement in the Frick Center and see Cheryl Leoni, associate dean of students, or email email@example.com.
Places to Study
- Office of Student Involvement, Frick Center, second floor: Enjoy a comfortable seating area as well as a work table.
- Library Study Rooms, A.C. Buehler Library: Reserve a group study room on the upper level or a single study room on the lower level.
- Student Organization Center (SOC), Frick Center, Bluejays’ Roost: Features a seating area and a workspace for students to use, plus the commuter fridge.
Places to Relax
- Bluejays’ Roost/Game Room, Frick Center, lower level: Watch TV, hang out, eat and play. The game room connected to the Roost has a pool table, ping-pong table and a variety of board games that can be checked out. Video games can also be checked out to play on the Xbox located in the game room.
- Founders Lounge, Frick Center, second floor: Warm up by the fireplace and use the couches and tables to work or take it easy.
- Library Cafe, A.C. Buehler Library: A great place to grab a coffee or a snack and catch up with friends.
Spots to Eat and Refuel
- View all of the on-campus dining options.
- View dining options in town using Explore Elmhurst.
- Microwaves are located in the Frick Center Cafe and Bluejays’ Roost
Storage for Your Stuff
- Lockers, Frick Center, Information Desk
- Commuter Fridge, Frick Center, Bluejays’ Roost: Use the commuter refrigerator anytime!
A Gym for Workouts
- Tyrrell Fitness Center, Faganel Hall: The two-story fitness center is available for all Elmhurst College students and features a strength room on the first floor and cardiovascular equipment on the second floor. Locker rooms and showers are also available for students to utilize.
A Place to Be Well
- Wellness Center, Niebuhr Hall: The Wellness Center offers a Serenity Room where students can relax and de-escalate from their hectic schedules. The room offers a full-spectrum light that helps improve mood.
- Joe N’ Go Commuter Coffee
Tuesday, Dec. 3, 7:30–9:30 a.m.
Frick Center, Fireplace
- Commuter Appreciation Day
Thursday, Nov. 21
Frick Center, Prospect Room