Support for Students on the Go
Commuter students are a big part of the vibrant daily life on campus. We enhance your experience by offering commuter-focused resources, services, programs and more.
So get active and engaged. Our goal is to make campus as much of a home away from home as possible. Below are just a few of the amenities that commuter students can use. If you have any questions, stop by the Office of Student Involvement in the Frick Center and see Cheryl Leoni, associate dean of students, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Places to Study and Hang Out
- Founders Lounge, Frick Center (second floor): Warm up by the fireplace, enjoy comfy seating and tables for work and relaxing.
- Bluejays’ Roost/Game Room, Frick Center (lower level): Watch TV, play and grab something to eat. The Roost serves food late while classes are in session, and a connected game room has a pool table, ping-pong and other fun stuff to check out.
- Commuter Lounge, Frick Center (next to Bluejays’ Roost): A nice study/relaxation spot with lots of tables and seating.
- Library Study Rooms, A.C. Buehler Library: Reserve either a group study room or single study room on the upper and lower levels. Reserve a study room.
- Frick Center Cafe (first floor): Grab a meal or study snack during dining hours.
- Library Cafe, A.C. Buehler Library (main floor): A great place to grab a coffee or a snack and catch up with friends.
Places to Eat and Refuel
Storage for Your Stuff
- Lockers, Frick Center (Commuter Lounge): Need a place to store your textbooks or personal belongings? Lockers are available in the Commuter Lounge in the lower level of the Frick Center. Instructions are posted by the lockers.
A Gym for Workouts
- Tyrrell Fitness Center, Faganel Hall: The two-story fitness center is available for all Elmhurst University students and features a strength room on the first floor and cardiovascular equipment on the second floor. Locker rooms and showers are also available for students to utilize.
A Place to Be Well
- Wellness Center, Niebuhr Hall: The Wellness Center offers a Serenity Room where you can relax and de-escalate from your hectic schedule. The room offers a full-spectrum light that helps improve mood. Students can also take advantage of certain medical services.
- Public Safety: Want someone to walk you to your car? Public Safety can accompany you. Call (630) 617-3000 with any questions.
Events for Commuters
Joe N’ Go Commuter Coffee
Offered throughout the year in the Frick Center Founders Lounge. Grab some free coffee to help you get through the day. Follow @eu_osi on Instagram for upcoming dates during the academic year.
Commuter Appreciation Day
Look out for more on this event in your email and on social media.