A Great Start on Your Future
Are you ready to start planning your career? It’s never too early to start laying the groundwork, and it’s never too late either.
The Russell G. Weigand Center for Professional Excellence (WCPE) will help you identify, shape and define your career goals, and connect you with people and resources to help make your dreams a reality.
- Receive Career Guidance. We’ll support you as you explore career possibilities, starting with crafting a strong resume, conducting an effective job search and preparing for an interview. Job shadowing offers the chance to accompany professionals through their workday to understand if a particular career might be a good fit. Mentoring establishes a longer-term relationship with a professional in a particular field.
- Get Internship Assistance. We’ll help you find internships, which provide hands-on experience and boost your marketability. An internship helps you clarify your career goals, enhance your marketability and creates the chance to make valuable professional contacts. The opportunities are wide—students have worked at multinational firms such as The Walt Disney Co., financial institutions such as BMO Harris Bank, sports franchises such as the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, and nonprofits such as DuPage Habitat for Humanity.
- Access Pre-Law and Health Professions Advising. We’ll support you in your exploration and preparation for careers in health care and law. You’ll receive specialized advising about courses, extra-curricular experiences, and applying to professional school in these fields. Once you enroll at Elmhurst, you should come by early on to begin planning how you will become a competitive applicant.
- Take advantage of Alumni support: Graduates have lifelong access to career services, whether you’re just starting out, considering a career transition or looking for new challenges in your field. Our alumni services include interview workshops, networking events, career counseling, résumé assistance, job search and interview tips. Contact Ingrid Becton for more information.
Elmhurst College alumni can also take advantage of the services of the Career Transition Center of Chicago (CTC) at a preferred partner rate. The CTC provides career coaching and job search assistance for recent college graduates and mid-career professionals. Clients can select from in-person coaching and services or working with a coach by phone/skype in the Virtual Services Program. It is located at 703 West Monroe Street in Chicago.
Ready to Explore?
- Visit ECConnect, the College’s jobs listing site
- Learn about the College Career Consortium of Illinois (CCCI) formerly Illinois Small College Placement Association (ISCPA) resources
- Schedule an appointment with one of our staff members
- Send us your feedback
Mission and Values Statements
To prepare our students and alumni for an ever-changing world, we ignite their professional curiosity, competencies and purpose.
In the spirit of the College’s motto of “in lumine tuo videbimus lumen – in thy light we shall see light,” we pledge to conduct our work in a collaborative environment built on inclusion, respect, and integrity.