A Great Start on Your Future
Are you ready to start planning your career? It’s never too early to start laying the groundwork, and it’s never too late either.
The Russell G. Weigand Center for Professional Excellence (CPE) will help you identify, shape and define your career goals, and connect you with people and resources to help make your dreams a reality.
- Receive Career Guidance. We’ll support you as you explore career possibilities, starting with crafting a strong resume, conducting an effective job search and preparing for an interview.
- Get Internship Assistance. We’ll help you find internships, which provide hands-on experience and boost your marketability. Job shadowing offers the chance to accompany professionals through their workday to understand if a particular career might be a good fit. Mentoring establishes a longer-term relationship with a professional in a particular field.
- Study Away. An overseas experience opens you to new ideas, languages and cultures. You’ll also learn more about yourself. If you plan to study away from campus, the CPE will help you find the right program.
- Serve Your Community. You’ll also learn about yourself when you serve others. Service-learning enables you to make a difference outside campus by working at homeless shelters, schools, community centers and other nonprofit agencies.
- Explore the Honors Program. For motivated students, the Honors Program offers additional opportunities to excel with stimulating seminars, professional-level research and independent study.