Campus Recreation strives to enhance the experience of a diverse student body by encouraging an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle through engagement in our recreational facilities, programs and services.
Students can become involved in Campus Recreation through the use of the Tyrrell Fitness Center, a comprehensive weight room and fitness center. Students can also choose to engage with Campus Recreation through Intramural Sports and open gym programming.
Get out there and have some fun this fall with the return of Intramural Sports to Elmhurst College! You can form a team and join an Intramural league with weekly matches. Or, if you don’t want to commit to a season of play, you can opt to participate in our monthly tournaments. In any case, Intramurals are an opportunity to get active, have fun and meet some like-minded friends. Want to play, but can’t find a team? Contact the Coordinator of Campus Recreation to get connected!
Create your profile and team at IMLeagues.com
- You must use your Elmhurst College email in order to access the Elmhurst College intramural home page
- IMLeagues Instructions
Fall Sports Offered
- October 1-24: 5 v 5 Basketball (Men’s and Coed)
- November 5-December 5: 2 v 2 Badminton (Open)
- October 13: Go Pink Dodgeball (Coed) Tournament
- November 17: Flag Football (Coed) Tournament
- Basketball: September 10–28
- Badminton: October 15–November 2
- Dodgeball Tournament: September 23– October 7
- Flag Football Tournament: October 28–November 11
Keep checking this page for updates on how to register your team, the Intramural calendar of events, and yearly champions!
Tyrrell Fitness Center
Elmhurst’s two-story Fitness Center houses state-of-the-art facilities for weight training and physical fitness, and it’s available to all Elmhurst students. Here’s some of what you’ll find here:
- 3,000-square-foot strength room
- 3,000-square-foot cardiovascular fitness room with recumbent and upright bikes, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, treadmills and strength equipment
- Locker rooms
Hours of Operation
- Sunday: Noon–8:00 p.m.
- Monday—Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
The Fitness Center will be closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 21, 2019).
J-Term Hours, in effect from Jan. 2 to Feb. 1, 2019
- Monday—Thursday: 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Closed on weekends
Access to the fitness center requires a valid Jaypass.
Tyrrell Fitness Center
221 Walter St, Elmhurst, IL 60126