Where Health and Fun Meet
The Tyrell Fitness Center features a comprehensive weight room and workout area on the north end of campus. It’s a central piece of Campus Recreation’s mission to encourage an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle for a diverse student body.
In addition to using the Tyrrell Fitness Center, students can also choose to engage with Campus Recreation through Intramural Sports and open gym programming.
Fitness Center Hours and Operations
Please call the front desk in advance to make sure we are open: (630) 617-3411.
Fitness Center Hours September 5–18, 2022
- Monday (9/5): Closed
- Tuesday (9/6): 7:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday (9/7): 8:00 a.m.–Noon; 1:00–5:00 p.m.; 6:30–9:00 p.m.
- Thursday (9/8): 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; 5:00–9:00 p.m.
- Friday (9/9): 8:00–10:00 a.m.; Noon–7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday (9/10 and 9/11): Noon–2:00 p.m.
- Monday (9/12): 7:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday (9/13): 7:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday (9/14): 8:00 a.m.–Noon; 1:00–9:00 p.m.
- Thursday (9/15): 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.; 5:00–9:00 p.m.
- Friday (9/16): 8:00–10:00 a.m.; Noon–7:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday (9/17 and 9/18): Noon–2:00 p.m.
Academic Year Hours
- Monday–Friday: 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon–8:00 p.m.
What to Know Before You Go
- A Jaypass is required to enter the facility. No one without a Jaypass will be allowed into the fitness center. You will be asked to swipe your Jaypass in our contactless card reader at the front desk.
- Locker rooms and lockers are open.
- Showers are available.
- No guests will be allowed at this time. Only EU students, faculty and staff are allowed to use the facility.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment before and after use. Sanitizing supply stations will be located throughout both areas.
- FC/WR student employees will also be wiping down equipment approximately every hour.
- No food is allowed in either facility.
If you have any questions, direct them to Cheryl Leoni, Dean of Students, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 617-3189.
Watch for updates.
More Fitness Center Information
Elmhurst’s two-story Fitness Center houses state-of-the-art facilities for weight training and physical fitness, and it’s available to all Elmhurst students. Here’s some of what you’ll find there:
- 3,000-square-foot strength room
- 3,000-square-foot cardiovascular fitness room with recumbent and upright bikes, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, treadmills and strength equipment
- Locker rooms
Tyrrell Fitness Center
221 Walter St, Elmhurst, IL 60126