Where Health and Fun Meet
Campus Recreation strives to enhance the experience of a diverse student body by encouraging an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle through engagement in our recreational facilities, programs and services.
Students can become involved in Campus Recreation through the use of the Tyrrell Fitness Center, a comprehensive weight room and fitness center. Students can also choose to engage with Campus Recreation through Intramural Sports and open gym programming.
Changes to Operations for 2021
The following changes are still in effect in the Tyrrell Fitness Center and Tom Roberts Family Weight Room:
- Face masks are required at all times in all areas of the Fitness Center, including while engaged in any individual exercise regardless of personal or machine spacing. So, whether you are warming up, using exercise or weight room equipment, or working out alone, your face mask must stay on.
- A Jaypass is required to enter the facility. No one without a Jaypass will be allowed into the fitness center. You will be asked to swipe your Jaypass in our contactless card reader at the front desk.
- Locker rooms and lockers will be open.
- Showers will be available for Fall Term.
- No guests will be allowed at this time. Only EU students, faculty and staff are allowed to use the facility.
- Water fountains will be closed but the water bottle filling station will still be on, so please bring your own water bottle.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment before and after use. Sanitizing supply stations will be located throughout both areas.
- FC/WR student employees will also be wiping down equipment approximately every hour.
- Facility patrons should maintain 6 feet of physical distance during exercise.
- Equipment should not be shared between FC users at the same time.
- No food is allowed in either facility.
If you have any questions, direct them to Cheryl Leoni in the Office of Student Involvement at email@example.com or (630) 617-3189.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be offering intramurals. However, e-sports tournaments hosted by our EU e-sports will be offered. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Tyrrell Fitness Center
Elmhurst’s two-story Fitness Center houses state-of-the-art facilities for weight training and physical fitness, and it’s available to all Elmhurst students. Here’s some of what you’ll find here:
- 3,000-square-foot strength room
- 3,000-square-foot cardiovascular fitness room with recumbent and upright bikes, elliptical trainers, stair climbers, treadmills and strength equipment
- Locker rooms
Hours of Operation
Reservations required. Call (630) 617-3411.
Academic Year Hours
- Monday–Friday: 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon–8:00 p.m.
Access to the fitness center requires a valid Jaypass.
Tyrrell Fitness Center
221 Walter St, Elmhurst, IL 60126