The Perks of Being a Bluejay
Some things never change. The trees turn vibrant gold and red in the fall. The Victory Bell rings after every home win. And you’ll always be a Bluejay.
As a member of the Elmhurst alumni community, you can take advantage of exclusive benefits, including career support, campus access, discounted tickets and more. It’s just another reason why Elmhurst is always your home away from home.
As your career evolves, we’re right there with you. The Russell G. Weigand Center for Professional Excellence (WCPE) is an invaluable resource you can turn to again and again. Get personalized guidance from a staff member dedicated to alumni. We provide career counseling, feedback on application materials, interview workshops and networking opportunities.
Alumni Career Advising Drop-In Hours begin on campus on Sept. 1, every Thursday, from 4:30 p.m.–6:00 p.m.
In addition, you can access Handshake, a powerful platform that allows you to search for and post jobs, research industries, and tap into other WCPE resources. Please contact the WCPE with any questions you might have about Handshake.
Follow Elmhurst Alumni groups on social media and never miss an opportunity to connect with your fellow graduates.
- Elmhurst University Alumni Association on Facebook
- Elmhurst University Alumni Instagram
- Alumni of Elmhurst University LinkedIn group
- Elmhurst University Instagram
- Athletic Tickets: Cheer the Bluejays to victory at any Elmhurst athletics game. We offer a discount of $3 per ticket for alumni.
- Theatre Tickets: Take in a show at Elmhurst. Our theatre students and faculty began producing plays and musicals in the 1920s. Today, that tradition continues at the Mill Theatre, a converted sawmill that’s home to our theatre program. Alumni tickets are just $5. Call (630) 617-3005 to order tickets.
- Sixty-Plus Program: Never stop learning. Alumni aged 60+ can audit a course for a $100 fee, based on availability. Course registration opens to auditors the first week of classes each semester. Contact the Office of Registration and Records to register and view a list of available courses.
Request a Transcript
When you graduated, the Alumni Association provided your first Elmhurst University transcript. If you need an additional copy, they’re available for $10. You can order online and pick it up on campus, have it delivered by mail, or have it delivered by email as an eTranscript—a secure, digitally signed PDF.
- A.C. Buehler Library: Enjoy full access to the Buehler Library and request an alumni library card in order to check out books, CDs, and DVDs. Library staff can provide help with both academic and technical questions. Services are based on availability, with current students receiving access first. Database access is only available through a guest computer in the library.
- Facility Rentals: Book on-campus space for a conference, retreat, sporting event or wedding. We can accommodate both day and evening gatherings. Based on availability, alumni receive special pricing on room rates. Call (630) 617-6185 for more information.
- History Exhibit and Archives: Visit the Elmhurst University History Exhibit, housed in the historic Old Main building, which is open to alumni. You can also make an appointment to visit the Rudolf G. Schade Archives in the A.C. Buehler Library. The archives identify, preserve, organize and provide access to the records and enduring value of the University, the surrounding community and the United Church of Christ.
- Schaible Science Center: Stargaze at the Bates Observatory, housed in the Schaible Science Center. The Bates features a telescope powerful enough to reveal not just the rings of Saturn, but also the splits between the rings. To schedule a visit, call (630) 617-3032.
- Elmhurst Arboretum: Stroll through the campus arboretum, home to approximately 900 species of trees and shrubs. Established in 1966, the arboretum continues to grow through the contributions of our alumni, faculty and staff.
Free Graduate Course Voucher
Interested in pursuing graduate study at Elmhurst? Undergraduate alumni can take their first graduate course for free. For more information, contact the Office of Admission at (630) 617-3400 or email@example.com.