Information for Students
Due to the extraordinary circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, plans for our 2020 Commencement activities have changed.
Please check the main Commencement page for updates as we arrange to celebrate our students in new ways.
Meanwhile, first things first. Make sure that you have applied for graduation! If you’re not receiving Commencement emails via your Elmhurst College account and you intend to graduate this spring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caps and Gowns (Message from Beck’s Bookstore)
If you ordered your regalia for pickup, you can now pick up your order on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Come to the front door of the bookstore (Goebel Hall) and bring a photo ID with you. Please make sure to adhere to social distancing guidelines while waiting.
If you are not able to pick up your regalia, we can ship the regalia to your home. Please send an email with your name, shipping address, and eNumber to email@example.com.
Questions regarding caps and gowns can be directed to Beck’s Bookstore at (630) 617-3185. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- Elmhurst College diplomas will start shipping on Monday, June 8, and will be sent to the address we have on file. If this address is incorrect, please update your address in our system via BlueNet as soon as possible.
- Elmhurst University diplomas will be mailed beginning in July to any student who has requested one online. One Elmhurst University diploma per person will be free of charge through December 2020. You can request an Elmhurst University diploma online.
- Diplomas will not be released to students who have a business hold on their account. To clear the hold on your account, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 617-3015.
Honors Tassels will be shipped in the mail with your diploma. You will receive your honors tassels based on your overall GPA:
- 3.50-3.699 – Blue – Cum Laude
- 3.70-3.899 – Silver – Magna Cum Laude
- 3.90+ – Gold – Summa Cum Laude
First Generation Pins
If you identify as a first-generation graduate, a pin also will be included with your mailed diploma. Please email email@example.com if you would like to receive a first-generation pin in your packet.
Textbook Rentals (Message from Beck’s Bookstore)
An email is being sent to all students who rented textbooks from the bookstore to provide them with instructions and prepaid labels to return the books. We also have extended our due date and will work closely with all students to ensure that no late fees are assessed.
The College continues to examine ways to reschedule an in-person Commencement ceremony. If and when state guidance allows us to have the event, we will update you with further details.
In the meantime, we’d like to recognize your tremendous achievement virtually. Yesterday, President VanAken sent a detailed email with the many ways we’ll be celebrating this week, including a Virtual Senior Spirit Day on Friday, May 22, and with digital keepsakes you can download. Watch Class of 2020 celebration videos on the College’s Facebook and YouTube channels on Saturday, May 23.
When will my degree be posted on my transcript?
- End of Fall Term: December 31, 2019
- End of January Term: January 31, 2020
- End of Spring Term: May 23, 2020
- End of Summer Term: August 15, 2020
When you order your transcripts online, select “Hold for Degree” in the processing time box. If you have any questions about ordering transcripts, contact the Office of Registration and Records.