Elmhurst International Scholarship Competition
The Elmhurst International Scholarship Competition identifies and rewards prospective Elmhurst University F-1 international students with significant interest in service to society as an aspect of their college search process. Grounded in the University’s core values of community, social responsibility, and stewardship, we seek students motivated to transform their communities.
Deadline: April 5, 2024
- Admitted for the Fall 2024 semester
- First-year undergraduate
- International student intending to study in F-1 visa status
- Upload 1-3 page double-spaced typed essay that answers the following: “What do you hope to contribute to your country by studying in the United States?
- Upload an unlisted video of no more than 2 minutes in length to YouTube.com presenting on “How have you contributed to positive change within your community?” Please note that you must be in the video.
- FIRST PLACE: One winner receives a four-year, full tuition* scholarship.
- SECOND PLACE: One winner receives a four-year, $10,000 annual scholarship.
- ALL STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS will receive a four-year, $1,000 annual scholarship, which can be added to previously awarded merit scholarships and/or grants.
The Elmhurst International Scholarship Competition is open only to incoming first-year students who are admitted for the fall semester and planning to study in F-1 visa status. Domestic students should consider the American Dream Scholarship Competition or the Niebuhr Service to Society Scholarship Competition, which are closed to F-1 international students.
*Scholarship covers tuition and fees only. Certain courses may have additional fees which are not covered.