Graduate Student Scholarship Competition
We are pleased to announce the inaugural Graduate Student Scholarship Competition to recognize graduate students who have worked hard and demonstrated outstanding leadership in a variety of ways.
Football legend Vince Lombardi once said, “Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the prices which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.”
Students who are applying to a degree-seeking master’s program with an undergraduate cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or above are invited to participate in the competition.
The scholarship competition consists of two rounds:
Round 1: Due May 1, 2020
Application and video.
- Submit a completed application to your graduate program of interest.
- Record and submit a video (2–3 minutes) demonstrating the hard work you have put into your career, explaining how you are a leader in your daily life and telling us what receiving this scholarship will mean to you.
Round 2: Thursday, June 4, 2020
On-campus group competition. On June 4, all who have submitted a video and been admitted to Elmhurst for the Fall 2020 term are required to attend an on-campus, small group activity focused on leadership.
The evening will conclude with a cocktail reception and awards ceremony.
- First place: One winner will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study at Elmhurst.
- Second place: Members of the winning team from the group competition will receive a $1,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study at Elmhurst.
- All students present for Round 2: Each contest participant who submits a video and attends the group competition will receive a $500 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study at Elmhurst.
How to Apply
To enter the Graduate Student Scholarship Competition, complete your application for an Elmhurst graduate program, then submit your video using the button below no later than May 1, 2020.
Email Meghan Oblazny, associate director of graduate admission and advising, at firstname.lastname@example.org.