Dear Elmhurst University Community:
Happy holidays! Today marks the end of classes as we head into finals week.
With the holidays approaching, we must all remain diligent in our efforts to combat the spread of the Delta and Omicron variants. Please wear your mask as much as possible, and social distance when appropriate. Cases are rising across the country, and we have seen an increase since Thanksgiving. In the past week, we have had 17 additional cases.
Here are the numbers as of today, December 10, 2021.
Cases To Date (Since August 2021)
- 103: Total Cumulative Cases (increase of 17 cumulative cases since last week)
- 84: Total Student Cases (increase of 15 student cases since last week)
- 19: Total Faculty/Staff Cases (increase of 2 faculty case since last week)
- PCR tests will be provided on campus this coming week (Wednesday and Thursday). Additionally, if you are tested on a weekly basis and choose to get tested off campus next week, you must submit PCR test results.
- If you do not currently get tested on a weekly basis, but would like to get a PCR test, please follow this link to complete the registration form.
- Please note: As you were notified two weeks ago, the COVID-19 Task Force will accept tests from authorized testing facilities only. At-home tests will no longer be accepted.
- Face masks will continue to be required in all University-owned and –operated facilities when we return in January.
- PCR testing will return in January for J-Term.
Please be safe and healthy, and we wish everyone a joyous holiday break.
We are all proud to be Bluejays!
COVID-19 Task Force