Dear Elmhurst University Community:
This is the weekly update from the COVID-19 Task Force.
- Bluejays Get Vaxed
- Please continue to wear a mask.
- Keep physical distance.
- Wash your hands.
- Another academic year is almost on the books.
- April 30, 2021: 57 individuals tested using the saliva test: 0 positive
- May 3, 2021: 92 individuals tested using the saliva test: 0 positive
- May 5, 2020: 85 individuals tested using the saliva test: 0 positive
- Elmhurst University has provided over 9,900 tests for faculty, staff, and students
- Elmhurst University has received 272 reported positive cases of the virus from on-campus (59) and off-campus (213) testing since March 2020.
- To date, 247 students, 18 staff, and 7 faculty have tested positive since March 2020.
- Elmhurst University remains in the Yellow Alert Level.
- The current positivity rate for DuPage County is 4.4%. This is a decrease from 4.9% last week.
- The current positivity rate for Elmhurst University is 0.0059. This is down from 0.0061 last week.
- 49.46% of the population in DuPage County has received a first vaccine dose. This is up from 47.4% last week.
- 37.6% of the population in DuPage County has also received a second dose of the vaccine. This is up from 33.7% last week
- The Task Force is requesting that as individuals become fully vaccinated, they submit their names to Phil Riordan and/or Dr. Dean Pribbenow. No further information is needed other than your name. This is not mandatory. We are trying to get some idea if people have been successful in getting the vaccine. Thank you to all who have submitted their names.
Today’s Inspirational Quote: “Dream big, live simply, give love, laugh lots, be grateful.” — Anonymous
Today’s Feel-Good Song: Drift Away, Uncle Kracker
As always, please be safe and healthy. Wear your face mask (double up on face masks for extra protection—the CDC says it can help better protect you). And let’s be kind to each other during these difficult times we live in.
The COVID-19 Task Force