Celebrating Our Diversity
The mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is to develop opportunities that promote inclusive excellence. Take advantage of the many ways to get involved.
We empower, advocate for, and support populations that have been traditionally underrepresented, including, but not limited to:
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides training, facilitation and education on topics that challenge individuals to think critically about their worldview. We collaborate with student organizations, faculty, staff and administration to bring programs and services that enhance cultural awareness. Through our initiatives, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion hopes to foster an environment that values, respects and celebrates the diverse identities represented at Elmhurst University and beyond.
Programs and Services
- EC Connection, Pre-Orientation program
- Bluejay First, first-generation program
- 1:1 support for students
- Coalition on Multicultural Engagement (CME)
- Cultural programming with student organizations and faculty, staff and administration
- Workshops by request
Campus and Community Resources
Below are documents to help students and families in the Elmhurst University community. For questions about the resources listed, contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Meet Our Team
- Cheryl Leoni: Associate Dean of Students and Director of the Frick Center
- Joi Reed: Student Assistant of EC Connection
- Hannah Yearout: Student Assistant of Bluejay First
- LeMeah Brownlee: Student Assistant for Marketing and Communications
- Teresa Nguyen: Student Assistant for Office Programming and Student Support