The Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy (ELSA) is a four-year, post-secondary certificate program for young adults, ages 18-28, with differing abilities.
ELSA is an on-campus program following the academic calendar of the College. You may take courses in the fall, January, spring and summer terms, and may attend on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Please note: As part of the campus’ effort to limit the spread of COVID-19, both ELSA Preview Day and ELSA-Palooza 12 have been canceled. Please email us with any questions you might have about these events or the ELSA program.
At Elmhurst College, you’ll find everything you need to reach your full potential. Applying is easy, and there’s no application fee.
ELSA is a limited-enrollment program. To qualify, a student must have at least a minimum third grade reading, writing, mathematics and comprehension level, sufficient emotional skills, and the capacity for independence. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma, certificate of completion or both.
How to Apply
To apply for admission, submit the following documents to the Office of Admission:
- A completed ELSA application
- A current educational evaluation (within three years)
- Official high school transcript and most recent IEP
- Three letters of recommendation
- Housing Assessment (for those seeking this option on campus housing)
You may request an application packet by contacting the Office of Admission at (630) 617-3400.
*Upon receipt of the completed application, students and families will be contacted to set up an admission interview. After the interview, students will receive a letter with the admission decision. If admitted, the applicant will need to complete the Intent to Enroll form and submit it with a non-refundable tuition deposit that will be applied to the first term’s tuition and fees.
Preferred Application Deadlines
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
- Students interested in living on-campus for Fall Term should have an application on file by Jan. 15.
- Students interested in beginning Spring Term should apply before Nov. 15.
Applications submitted after deadlines will be considered if space remains available.
Please contact the ELSA office with any questions or to request more information.