Find a Supportive Community and More
At Elmhurst University, you’ll find everything you need to reach your full potential. Applying is easy, and there’s no application fee.
ELSA is an on-campus program following the academic calendar of the University. You may take courses in the fall, January, spring and summer terms, and may attend on a full-time or part-time basis.
Courses with online and hybrid components were also added to the curriculum beginning in the 2020 Fall Term.
ELSA is a limited-enrollment program. To qualify, a student must have at least a minimum third-grade reading, writing, mathematics and comprehension level, sufficient emotional skills, and the capacity for independence. Applicants must have earned a high school diploma, certificate of completion or both.
How to Apply
To apply for admission, submit the following documents to the Office of Admission:
- A completed ELSA application
- A current educational evaluation (within three years)
- Official high school transcript and most recent IEP
- Three letters of recommendation forms
- Housing assessment (for those seeking on-campus housing)
The application and all supporting documents can be uploaded into your online ELSA application linked above. Documents can be sent to the ELSA Admission office and added to your file if necessary; send to:
190 S. Prospect Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Preferred Application Deadlines
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling, first-come, first-served basis.
- Students interested in living on-campus for Fall Term should have an application on file by Jan. 15.
- Students interested in beginning in the Spring Term should apply before Nov. 15.
Applications submitted after these deadlines will be considered if space remains available.
Please contact the ELSA office with any questions or to request more information.