Minors in Kinesiology
Minor in Health Education
Students seeking the health education endorsement (grades 9-12) on a Professional Educator License can do so by completing the Elmhurst College health education minor and passing the content-area test (#142).
- KIN 200 Lifestyle for Health and Wellness (.50 credit)
- KIN 204 Emergency Procedures (.50 credit)
- KIN 230 School Health (.50 credit)
- KIN 235 Curriculum Design for Physical Education and Health Education
- KIN 240 Community Health (.50 credit)
- KIN 250 Substance Use and Abuse in Society (.50 credit)
- KIN 306 Nutrition
- KIN 346 Human Sexuality
- KIN 360 Concepts in Health
Minor in Coaching
A coaching minor will provide the fundamental knowledge that is essential for coaching any sport. Successful coaches are not only well versed in technical and tactical skills, but also know how to teach life skills.
The minor will focus on helping coaches develop in the areas of philosophy, physical training, management, communication, motivation and the teaching of sport skills.
- KIN 202 Individual or Dual Sports or KIN 203 Team Sports
- KIN 285 Coaching Theory
- KIN 306 Nutrition
- KIN 323 Sport and Exercise Psychology
- KIN 410 Kinesiology
Minor in Sport Management
The sport management minor will help prepare students for entry-level positions in sport organizations. The field of sport management not only addresses the needs of traditional team sports, but also provides career options in sport equipment manufacturing and sales, event planning and sponsorship, sport facility management, and sport tourism.
One of the features of the minor is the personal attention that is offered to students in helping them develop their career goals and interests.
- KIN 210 Foundations of Sport Management (.50 credit)
- KIN 322 Sport and Society
- KIN 380 Comparative Interdisciplinary Studies: Play, Sport and Pedagogy in Ancient Greece
- KIN 415 Sport Ethics and the Law
- BUS 250 Management Theory
- BUS 354 Human Resource Management (prerequisite: BUS 250)