Program Goals and Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Goals
- Demonstrate appropriate uses of mathematics and computer skills to learn physical concepts and applications.
- Apply fundamental physical concepts to plan how to solve complex physical problems both independently and in conjunction with others.
- Create and use experimental design, methods of data collection, and methods of analysis to analyze and describe the link between theory and experiment.
- Recognize and appreciate the role of the principles of physics in everyday life.
Student Learning Outcomes
All physics majors at Elmhurst University will:
- Have a foundation of basic knowledge about the physical sciences
- Apply scientific methodology to physical problems
- Be able to pursue independent research
- Be able to express scientific ideas and information in a clear and organized manner orally and in writing