Elmhurst College theatre and dance students are able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the theatre or dance medium and their terminologies, in the areas of history, literature, performance, and technical production.
- Demonstrate a measure of competency in the application of skills either in performance, design, directing, construction, dance or choreography.
- Apply the process of research and analysis necessary to the creation of theatre or dance productions.
- Develop one’s personal creative voice in the exploration of the storytelling nature of the performing arts and their exploration of the human condition.
- Demonstrate accumulated knowledge and competencies and apply it in a collaborative way as reflected in the creation of theatre or dance projects involving directing, performance, design, or choreography.