How to Submit a Proposal
We welcome the participation of Elmhurst College students of all majors in the Research and Performance Showcase.
If you’re interested in participating, you need to submit a proposal to the Showcase Committee. Here are the steps to follow:
- Write an abstract or an artist’s statement.
Please include the following information:
- Title of presentation
- Presenter name(s), separated by commas
- Faculty sponsor name
- Text of statement, including:
- The specific objectives of your paper or poster and a brief summary (for researchers)
- A brief description of the work to be performed or showcased (for performers and exhibitors)
- Scope, purpose, methodology, results, thesis, background, conclusions and potential for further study (optional)
- Get your faculty sponsor’s approval on your abstract or artist’s statement
- Submit the abstract or artist’s statement to the committee
We will let you know whether your presentation has been accepted two to three weeks before the showcase. Selection is based primarily on the recommendations of faculty sponsors.