Study Away Programs
Studying away from campus, whether in the United States or abroad, provides experiences and adventures you’ll be able to look back on over a lifetime.
- Offered during J-Term, Spring Break, and Summer.
- Two program types:
- Elmhurst Faculty-Led Programs: Travel with Elmhurst faculty members and Elmhurst students to a host country.
- UMAIE Consortium: UMAIE stands for the Upper Midwest Association for International Education. It is a Minnesota non-profit corporation and consortium of five colleges and universities. This group has worked together since 1963 to provide an intercultural curriculum through overseas study during the January Term. All UMAIE courses are available to Elmhurst University students and vice versa.
- Long-Term programs are offered during the summer term, fall and spring semesters, or over a full academic year.
- Students can choose from an array of programs offered through our various partners, including but not limited to, IES Abroad, TEAN, Arcadia, SIT and many more!
- Thomas Sullivan: Semester in Australia
- Georgia Ficarra: Research in Australia
- Natalie Barns: Chicago Semester Program
- Mikkal Holt: Internship in Germany
- Julia Jamka: Summer in Italy
Explore Our Programs
The Office of International Education administers all domestic and overseas study away programs. We work with students from all academic majors/minors and send students all over the world.