Study Away Programs
Studying away from campus, whether in the United States or abroad, provides experiences and adventures you’ll be able to look back on over a lifetime.
Travel abroad with Elmhurst faculty members and Elmhurst students. Offered during J-Term, Spring Break, and Summer.
Travel for J-term courses takes place in January. Tuition is included.
Application deadline: October 1, 2022
- Dates: January 7-29, 2023
- Summary: An academic / travel experience intended to provide students with first-hand experiences that “bring to life” the materials presented in the classroom and on-site lectures, activities and site visits during regularly scheduled course meetings.
- Locations: Australia: Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Cairns
- Program leaders: Mick Savage, Josh VanArsdall
- Dates: January 3-18, 2023
- Summary: Employing a City as Text™ approach, students will investigate various complex, diverse, and culturally and historically rich British cities.
- Locations: United Kingdom: London, Liverpool, Chester, York, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Program leaders: Mary Kay Mulvaney, Erika McCombs
- Dates: January 2-19, 2023
- Summary: Experience German-speaking Central Europe through a unique cultural perspective that will engage all of your senses.
- Locations: Germany: Berlin, Potsdam, Leipzig, Halle, Dresden; Czech Republic: Prague, Czech Republic; Austria: Vienna
- Program leaders: David DeVasto, Christine Summers
- Dates: January 2-24, 2023
- Summary: Students will travel to Spain’s capital city of Madrid to spend three weeks living with host families and attending morning classes at a language school.
- Locations: Spain: Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, El Escorial
- Program leaders: Christopher Travis, Jacob Hill
Students are enrolled for a full semester course during spring, with a required travel component during spring break. Tuition is included.
Application Deadline: December 1
- Dates: March 17-26, 2023
- Summary: With its extraordinary intellectual, educational, cultural and athletic heritage, Greece is rich with opportunities for formal study and experiential learning.
- Locations: Greece: Aegina, Athens, Hydra, Delphi, Mycenae, Olympia, Paros
- Program leaders: Therese Wehman, Mick Savage
- Long-Term programs are offered during the summer term, fall and spring semesters, or over a full academic year.
- Students can choose from an array of programs offered through our various partners, including but not limited to, IES Abroad, TEAN, Arcadia, SIT and many more!
- Thomas Sullivan: Semester in Australia
- Georgia Ficarra: Research in Australia
- Natalie Barns: Chicago Semester Program
- Mikkal Holt: Internship in Germany
- Julia Jamka: Summer in Italy
Explore Our Programs
The Office of Global Engagement administers all domestic and overseas study away programs. We work with students from all academic majors/minors and send students all over the world.