How to Apply
Ready to take the next step? Using your benefits at Elmhurst University is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in a few short steps.
Apply in Four Easy Steps
- Apply online—it’s free!
- Submit your official transcripts from high school and all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts can be sent by mail or emailed (see below).
- Submit your ACT® or SAT® scores if you have less than 12 hours of transferable credit. Request your scores be sent directly to Elmhurst through ACT® or The College Board.
- Explore financial aid and scholarships. Elmhurst offers transfer scholarships worth as much as 50% of tuition, and all of our students receive some form of financial aid.
- Submit your military transcripts (see below).
Apply for VA Educational Benefits
If you have questions about the different benefits available, the application process or anything else, please contact our military admission counselor.
For all undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (630) 617-3015 to schedule an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Certificate of Eligibility for VA benefits
- DD-214 (Member 1 or Member 4; not required for spouses/dependents or active duty)
- VA Education Benefits Enrollment Form
- Yellow Ribbon Application (for veterans eligible for Chapter 33 at the 100% level)
Submit Your Transcripts
Submit all official transcripts from each of your previous colleges and universities as well as your military experience. If you have less than 30 semester hours of college credit, you will need to submit high school transcripts as well.
- You can submit Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy transcripts through the Joint Services Transcript website.
- Air Force transcripts can be requested through the Community College of the Air University/CCAF website.
Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via traditional mail to:
Office of Admission
190 Prospect Avenue
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126