Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition
We are pleased to hold the inaugural Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition to support the enrollment of transfer students with a natural propensity towards curiosity.
All admitted transfer students with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or above—who are curious about where their college education will take them and how they will impact the future—are invited to participate in the competition.
The contest consists of two rounds:
Round 1: Due May 1, 2020
- Submit an essay (500–750 words) that demonstrates your level of intellectual curiosity by responding to the following:
- American academic E. Gordon Gee once said, “Intellectual curiosity drove Einstein to some of the world’s most important discoveries.” Tell us how your curiosity drives you and where it might take you in your future at Elmhurst College and beyond.
Round 2: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
On-campus scholarship event. On June 3, students are invited to the second round of the competition, held on the Elmhurst College campus. This event will include a small group exercise for students and conclude with an awards ceremony.
- First place: Two winners will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- Second place: The members of the team that wins the small group exercise taking place June 3 receive a $1,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- All students present for Round 2 will receive a $500 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
How to Apply
To enter this competition, use the button below to complete the application and submit your essay no later than May 1, 2020.
Contact Kristina Black, associate director of admission, at email@example.com or by calling 630-617-3087.