Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition
Registration for the Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition is now closed. For those of you who submitted applications, we will see you on June 7th. For Fall 2024 applicants, please check back later for information on next year’s competition.
All admitted transfer students with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or above—who are curious about where their college education will take them and how they will impact the future—are invited to participate in the competition, which consists of two rounds.
Round 1: Application and Essay Due May 5, 2023
- Submit an essay (500–750 words) that demonstrates your level of intellectual curiosity by responding to the following:
- American academic E. Gordon Gee once said, “Intellectual curiosity drove Einstein to some of the world’s most important discoveries.” Tell us about the defining moment that your curiosity drove you to explore differently than ever before. How will that moment shape your potential at Elmhurst University and beyond?
Round 2: On-Campus Event on June 7, 2023
Students will be invited to the second round, which will include an academic trivia competition and conclude with an awards ceremony. Save the date for June 7, 2023!
- First place: Two students will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- Second place: The winning team of the trivia competition receives a $1,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- All students who participate in Rounds 1 and 2 will receive a $500 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
Contact Kristina Black, senior associate director of admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 630-617-3087.