Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition
We are pleased to hold the Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition to support the enrollment of transfer students with a natural propensity towards curiosity.
All admitted transfer students with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or above—who are curious about where their college education will take them and how they will impact the future—are invited to participate in the competition, which consists of two rounds.
Round 1: Essay Due May 7, 2021
- Submit an essay (500–750 words) that demonstrates your level of intellectual curiosity by responding to the following:
- American academic E. Gordon Gee once said, “Intellectual curiosity drove Einstein to some of the world’s most important discoveries.” Tell us how your curiosity drives you and where it might take you in your future at Elmhurst University and beyond.
Round 2: Virtual Student Project on June 2, 2021
The second round of the competition will be hosted virtually on June 2 from 1:00–3:30 p.m. Participants will put on their thinking caps and join us for a fun and friendly academic challenge, followed by an awards ceremony announcing the winners!
- First place: Two students will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- Second place: The winning team of the small group exercise receives a $1,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- All students who submit essays and participate in Round 2 will receive a $500 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
How to Apply
To enter this competition, use the button below to complete the application and submit your essay no later than May 7, 2021.
Contact Kristina Black, associate director of admission, at email@example.com or by calling 630-617-3087.