Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition
We are pleased to hold the Intellectual Curiosity Scholarship Competition to support the enrollment of transfer students with a natural propensity toward curiosity.
All admitted transfer students with a cumulative grade-point average of 3.25 or above—who are curious about where their college education will take them and how they will impact the future—are invited to participate in the competition, which consists of two rounds.
Round 1: Application and Essay Due May 5, 2022
- Submit an essay (500–750 words) that demonstrates your level of intellectual curiosity by responding to the following:
- American academic E. Gordon Gee once said, “Intellectual curiosity drove Einstein to some of the world’s most important discoveries.” Tell us how your curiosity drives you and where it might take you in your future at Elmhurst University and beyond.
Round 2: Student Group Project on June 1, 2022
Students will be invited to the second round of the competition, which will include a small group exercise concluding with an awards ceremony. Save the date: June 1, 2022!
- First place: Two students will receive a $5,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- Second place: The winning team of the small group exercise receives a $1,000 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
- All students who submit essays and participate in Round 2 will receive a $500 renewable scholarship for up to two years of study.
Contact Kristina Black, associate director of admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 630-617-3087.