- This event has passed.
Demystifying the COVID-19 Vaccines
Thursday, February 25, 2021
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
As the Biden administration ramps up supply and distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines, what should you know about them?
Join us for a webinar with Dr. Molly Tran, Elmhurst University’s Master of Public Health program director, as she provides information on the various vaccines in distribution, how they were developed in record time, and why they are the first of their kind! Log in to learn more and have your questions answered live.
During this session, you will learn:
- Differences between a virus and bacteria.
- How each of the major COVID-19 vaccines work.
- What is unique about COVID-19 vaccines?
- How the vaccines were developed in record time?
- Phases of vaccine distribution and delivery strategies being used in the US and abroad.
Dr. Molly Tran is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Nursing & Health Sciences and Director of the Public Health Program. Her research interests include the work-related health of gig workers and transdisciplinary methods in public health. She has regularly provided commentary for media outlets on issues related to gig work and health. She is Board Certified in Occupational Medicine.