Technology at Elmhurst
The Office of Information Services provides a variety of convenient technology resources to help students succeed and enjoy their time on campus.
The myElmhurst Portal serves as the gateway to all campus technology resources, providing single-sign-on access to the most commonly used systems. It also provides important campus announcements, documents, calendars and system status notifications.
Office 365 provides all students with a University email account and free access to the following Microsoft products and services:
- Office for PC and Mac: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote for up to five personal computers.
- Office Web Apps: Web-based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and much more.
- Office Mobile Apps: Mobile versions of Office applications for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- OneDrive: One terabyte of cloud storage for secure document storage and sharing.
Self-Service provides convenient access to course search and registration tools, student account information and more.
Blackboard is an online learning management system. It facilitates faculty and student collaboration by providing a platform for outlining course requirements, tracking assignments and allowing for remote class interaction. The system is accessible via a mobile app for added flexibility.
Network Connectivity and Wireless Access
Elmhurst provides free wireless internet access in all campus buildings, including residence halls and apartments. Thanks to recent upgrades, our wireless infrastructure offers fast download speeds. Residential students may also connect to a data port in their rooms.
Elmhurst has a robust print management system that is designed to streamline and secure printing.
- Print release stations ensure secure printing on campus. Students must log in with their technology accounts at release station computers before their jobs are printed.
- Web print stations allow students to submit documents for printing online, from on or off campus. Jobs submitted to web print stations may be released by students in the Daniels Hall computer labs or in the A.C Buehler Library within 12 hours.
- Please be careful to print only the pages you need. Saving paper and toner contributes to a cleaner environment, which supports the University’s commitment to sustainability.