Minor in Art
The minor in art is ideal for students who want to pursue the study of art without completing all of the major requirements.
Whether you want to grow as a sculptor or pursue a career in art management, consider the art minor at Elmhurst.
The minor in art consists of five art courses:
- A minimum of one art history course
- One studio course at the 300- or 400- level
- Not more than two transfer courses
Minor in Art Education
This minor will stop accepting new students in Spring 2019.
A minor in art education at the secondary level consists of six art courses:
- ART 362 Art Methods and Experiences in Secondary Education
- a minimum of one art history course
- two studio courses at the 300- or 400-level
- two additional art courses that could be transferred
The six-course minor can satisfy the 24-hour endorsement for the secondary level as long as all courses have a grade of C or better and the content area test is passed.
If transfer courses are fewer than four semester hours, additional courses may be necessary for endorsements.
Minor in Art History
The minor in the history of art complements the traditional studio art minor. The minor in art history consists of five art history courses chosen from the following:
- ART 341 Survey History of Western Art
- ART 342 Survey History of Modern Art
- ART 353 Survey of Latin American Art
- ART 375 American Indian and Ancient American Art
- ART 376 Art of India
Completion of the minor must have a minimum of 20 semester hours of coursework and cannot include more than two transfer courses.