Major in Art Business
Combine your passion for art with business skills to prepare for graduate school or a career in gallery work or arts administration.
This major is for students who can switch seamlessly between right- and left-brain thinking in order to think creatively and problem solve.
- Core Curriculum
- ART 216 Introduction to Graphic Design
- ART 468 Internship
- BUS 230 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 250 Management Theory and Practice
- BUS 263 Accounting and Financial Management for Non-Business Majors
- Two 300- or 400-level studio electives
Two electives chosen from:
- BUS 331 Sales
- BUS 332 Retailing Management
- BUS 334 Advertising
- BUS 335 Consumer Behavior
The art business major is intended for students who wish to pursue careers where knowledge and proficiency in both art and business are desirable.